Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4S battery Life?

• 23-08-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just curious to know whats the max battery life on the Iphone 4s? at the end of this year my parents plan to buy me one as a birthday (18th)/christmas present and i'm just curious to know.

I plan on playing some games on it, Listening to music & using facebook/web on it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thophder wrote: »
    Just curious to know whats the max battery life on the Iphone 4s? at the end of this year my parents plan to buy me one as a birthday (18th)/christmas present and i'm just curious to know.

I plan on playing some games on it, Listening to music & using facebook/web on it.

You'll get a day if you don't go wild on games, BT, WiFi etc. Battery life on the 4s is worse than the 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yeah I would easily get a day out of my 4s, but wouldn't get two! They need to be chared every night, which isn't a problem in my view! A lot of people think the batteries are sh1t cause they don't last a week like the old Nokias used to but that just a stupid comparison!!

Just said I'd stick in my usage....I would do quite a lot of internet browsing, maybe 45min of calls throughout the day, maybe 70 texts and bluetooth and wifi are constantly on!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Thophder

alan1990 wrote: »
    Yeah I would easily get a day out of my 4s, but wouldn't get two! They need to be chared every night, which isn't a problem in my view! A lot of people think the batteries are sh1t cause they don't last a week like the old Nokias used to but that just a stupid comparison!!

Just said I'd stick in my usage....I would do quite a lot of internet browsing, maybe 45min of calls throughout the day, maybe 70 texts and bluetooth and wifi are constantly on!

I only plan to play games the few odd times & as for browsing the web it will only be when I'm out and about with no laptop around. Cheers all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I charge mine two to three times a day.. But I use mine a lot for email/facebook/web browsing.

funkyflea wrote: »
    I charge mine two to three times a day.. But I use mine a lot for email/facebook/web browsing.

Alright thank you for the input. So mine should last the day aslong as im not playing the games and web like the whole day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I always get a day. Usually it is near 50% full/empty at night but I charge it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I used to get a full day easy from mine but over the last 2 months I can't get a day.
    Hardly use it during the day as I'm at work but over 8 hours standby it will drop by 60-70%.

Anyone any idea what could cause this?

murpho999 wrote: »
    I used to get a full day easy from mine but over the last 2 months I can't get a day.
    Hardly use it during the day as I'm at work but over 8 hours standby it will drop by 60-70%.

My friend has a Iphone 4 (Not s, But they're very much the same except for some updates and specs) Do you leave apps running? Wifi? Bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth when not using them.
    Turn off location services, the only one really needed is network search.
    How often does it fetch emails? Turn it onto manual or hourly.
    Turn off auto brightness
    Charge it fully over night from as low as possibly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,533 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thophder wrote: »
    My friend has a Iphone 4 (Not s, But they're very much the same except for some updates and specs) Do you leave apps running? Wifi? Bluetooth?
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth when not using them.
    Turn off location services, the only one really needed is network search.
    How often does it fetch emails? Turn it onto manual or hourly.
    Turn off auto brightness
    Charge it fully over night from as low as possibly

Thanks lads, but my point is that it used to be fine but has now deteriorated with the same settings.

Also can I just add that most apps don''t run in background and are not a drain on battery life. The amount of people who think this is unreal. Their frantic shutting them down just actually uses more battery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thanks lads, but my point is that it used to be fine but has now deteriorated with the same settings.

Also can I just add that most apps don''t run in background and are not a drain on battery life. The amount of people who think this is unreal. Their frantic shutting them down just actually uses more battery!

Have you moved or anything? The new area could have a weaker signal, so the phone has to do more work to keep 3G coverage.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Have you moved or anything? The new area could have a weaker signal, so the phone has to do more work to keep 3G coverage.

This could be the case but at the same time may not.

My friends phone is the same, It seems to be dying faster then it usually was... Maybe it's the battery?

Advertisement