Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does an employer have to pay hours worked?

• 23-08-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I recently quit my job. Initially I gave 2 weeks notice, but something came up and I had to leave early... in that two week period they only had me scheduled for 6 hours anyway. So after I quit (which was mid-August), my employer rang and told me that because I quit before the two weeks were up, that I wouldn't be paid ANY of the hours that I worked in August! This is illegal right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Well they could sue you for breaking the notice period. Unlikely though. But yes it's illegal unless there is a reason such as taking too much holiday entitlement.

Contact NERA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭s08t

Hi yes id say that is illegal. There must be somebody you could ring and explain. but if you worked those days and didnt get paid, thats wrong even if u left early or not because it is a different matter.

Advertisement