Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Barclays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good scoring conditions seem to be around again today judging by the early starters.

Singh showing all his pedigree on this course with another good round today.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

Harrington having a mare. 4 over after 6 back to -3 and 23rd place

From overnight leader to 6 off the pace. Horror show but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Aidric wrote: »

Why is it that people can't resist having a dig at Padraig? Drives me mad. :mad:

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Why is it that people can't resist having a dig at Padraig? Drives me mad. :mad:

What dig? It's fact.

Horror show but not surprising.

So, your opinions are facts now?

So, your opinions are facts now?

He went from overnight leader to 6 off the pace. That is a fact.

He went from overnight leader to 6 off the pace. That is a fact.

And the not surprising comment? Is that also a fact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"McIlroy, no wonder he can't get the ball in the hole because he was whacking tennis balls up the tunnel of the stadium"

Some would say that is a metaphor for lobbing it into Wozniacki.

• Advertisement

And the not surprising comment? Is that also a fact?
    It's not surprising. He has plenty of previous in this situation this season.

Put the green jersey down and watch a bit more golf.

"McIlroy, no wonder he can't get the ball in the hole because he was whacking tennis balls up the tunnel of the stadium"

Yes, I heard that and I wondered if it was intended as a double entendre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

i think eldrick will ditch his caddy soon for a hospital

Nice to see Watney playing so well, a guy I like to watch. He'll take the lead in to the weekend.

Garcia continuing his good form and Woods and Johnson just a few shots back. A good weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think Woods is injured . Maybe that bunker shot at the open .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No need for crap posts like that thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Listen,the problem here is people being over protective of PH,he's right,it wasn't surprising,that doesn't mean he's happy PH played bad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Nice to see Watney playing so well, a guy I like to watch. He'll take the lead in to the weekend.

Garcia continuing his good form and Woods and Johnson just a few shots back. A good weekend ahead.

All the better for you I suppose because Harrington dropped a few shots.

heavyballs wrote: »
    Listen,the problem here is people being over protective of PH,he's right,it wasn't surprising,that doesn't mean he's happy PH played bad tonight.

yes maybe that, but it is not too often we have no tricolour on the team. i'm being genuine . it is a weak inexperienced team . we need paddy in the locker room . without him we will lose . but at this stage who cares about Europe .

yes maybe that, but it is not too often we have no tricolour on the team. i'm being genuine . it is a weak inexperienced team . we need paddy in the locker room . without him we will lose . but at this stage who cares about Europe .

:confused: How exactly?

• Advertisement

Donald, Westwood, McIlroy top 5 in the world. Gmac, Lawrie, Kaymer all major winners

Haven't even got to Rose and Garcia, Molinari

A right old bunch of weak inexperienced

Trampas wrote: »
    Donald, Westwood, McIlroy top 5 in the world. Gmac, Lawrie, Kaymer all major winners

Haven't even got to Rose and Garcia, Molinari

A right old bunch of weak inexperienced

So 4 major winners in the team. Paul, won his in 1999 - one of the other Kaymer is in poor form. Gmac and Rory class for this. But would you put them together ? or with a weaker partner.

Have a look at the major winners on US team and come back to me. You have made up your mind , but look at US team.

It is a joke Padraig not going IMO . He has more majors than the team Captain.

I think US will win this (easy) - that is my view. We all have our views about sport.

:confused: How exactly?
    Agree,that has to be one of the stupidest comments posted here in a while,so with PH we will win,pure speculative BS,I think Colsaerts will be a really big player esp in the foursomes given his huge length off the tee.

Agree,that has to be one of the stupidest comments posted here in a while,so with PH we will win,pure speculative BS,I think Colsaerts will be a really big player esp in the foursomes given his huge length off the tee.

If i'm right will it be BS.

If i'm right will it be BS.
    Wtf,the Ryder cup this year imo is a real 50/50,PH being picked isn't going to change that.
    So the answer your Q ,yes, regardless of the result your comment is still speculative BS.

So 4 major winners in the team. Paul, won his in 1999 - one of the other Kaymer is in poor form. Gmac and Rory class for this. But would you put them together ? or with a weaker partner.

Have a look at the major winners on US team and come back to me. You have made up your mind , but look at US team.

It is a joke Padraig not going IMO . He has more majors than the team Captain.

I think US will win this (easy) - that is my view. We all have our views about sport.

What year do we stop counting majors?

Wtf,the Ryder cup this year imo is a real 50/50,PH being picked isn't going to change that.
    So the answer your Q ,yes, regardless of the result your comment is still speculative BS.

so if it is 50/50 one thing makes it 49 % 51 %.

Anyway - we all have our ideas. If it is 50/50 toss a coin, have no captain. you will never win by more than 1/2 a point - not the case.

Any year you want . US come out top.

Any year you want . US come out top.
    And what about the last RC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PGF

it is a weak inexperienced team .

Why do people always equate inexperience with weakness? Has anyone got a statistic to show that rookies play considerably worse than seasoned Ryder cuppers?

Advertisement