Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog woke up with lame back leg this morning

• 23-08-2012 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Our cairn terrier wouldn't come out of her bed this morning.....usually she jumps out to greet you and is all over you ...
    I had to lift her out and when I did she was standing with one hind leg off the ground...
    She wouldn't walk at all just stood there.

She was full of life last night when we put her in her cage and not a bother on her.

I managed to get her outside and when she got out she went to the toilet straight away....a very watery number 2.

Got her to walk around a little bit and she was putti.g all 4 paws down ..walking quiet slowly...but she wanted to just stop after 5 mins or so.

I took her onto the sofa with me while I had breakfast but she didn't seem to settle....She's back in her bed right now.

Will be getting.g her to a vet later but just Wondering if anyone has come across this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Our cairn terrier wouldn't come out of her bed this morning.....usually she jumps out to greet you and is all over you ...
    I had to lift her out and when I did she was standing with one hind leg off the ground...
    She wouldn't walk at all just stood there.

She was full of life last night when we put her in her cage and not a bother on her.

I managed to get her outside and when she got out she went to the toilet straight away....a very watery number 2.

Got her to walk around a little bit and she was putti.g all 4 paws down ..walking quiet slowly...but she wanted to just stop after 5 mins or so.

I took her onto the sofa with me while I had breakfast but she didn't seem to settle....She's back in her bed right now.

Will be getting.g her to a vet later but just Wondering if anyone has come across this before.

Could be a cruciate ligament tear-happened our lab, although we noticed it almost immediately and were able to recall a funny jump that she had done about an hour before that so if she was fine last night maybe not.

Did you check her paw for any cuts or things stuck in the pads? Could be just a pulled muscle either?

Hopefully vet will be able to make a quick diagnosis and she'll be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Had her at the vet this evening ,He had a good look over her and couldnt find any problems with her hind legs or any joints for that matter.

It seems she may be suffering from stomach cramps, he gave her a shot of painkillers and a shot of antibiotics and tablets for same for the next 4 days, we'll see how she gets on

Advertisement