Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repairing a drive.

• 23-08-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭

I can't afford to do the whole lot and so I want to patch it (it is rutted/potholes). I have plenty of matching gravel and so my plan is to use this to fill the holes and pour in the liquid that you see the council workers use when they fill in potholes on a temporary basis.
    Does this make sense?
    Where would I source that product?
    Thanks for any help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

amandstu wrote: »
    I can't afford to do the whole lot and so I want to patch it (it is rutted/potholes). I have plenty of matching gravel and so my plan is to use this to fill the holes and pour in the liquid that you see the council workers use when they fill in potholes on a temporary basis.
    Does this make sense?
    Where would I source that product?
    Thanks for any help?

I think this is the stuff you need.

http://www.irishtar.ie/Rephalt.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭amandstu

thanks but that product looks like it is ready mixed (contains its own aggregate).
    I was hoping to find a liquid product that I could pour onto my own loose gravel as I think that would go futher and work out cheaper.

I did get something in the past but I was beffuddled as to what grade to get as some of them seem to set quite fast and aren't suitable for storage apparently -and I might have to wait for a dry few days before I could use it.

Advertisement