Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning about Veho Noise Isolating Earphones

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give people a warning about the Veho 360 Stereo Noise Isolating Earphones that are currently on offer from PigsBack MegaDeals. I bought 3 of these when the same offer was on GroupOn a while back. They seemed grand at first, but out of the three I got, 2 of them failed within 3 weeks each, the fault in exactly the same place - the plug where the earphones connects to the phone. I think there's a design fault with them. Normally earphones last between 6 months and a year for me. I got on to them after the first one went and they sent out a replacement, but now the 2nd one has gone and they're not answering emails.

The three-pack of these earphones allegedly costs €106 - with this type of quality, I'm just glad I didn't pay full price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you taken any action to resolve the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Have you taken any action to resolve the issue?

Yes:
    they're not answering emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

p15574 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd give people a warning about the Veho 360 Stereo Noise Isolating Earphones that are currently on offer from PigsBack MegaDeals. I bought 3 of these when the same offer was on GroupOn a while back. They seemed grand at first, but out of the three I got, 2 of them failed within 3 weeks each, the fault in exactly the same place - the plug where the earphones connects to the phone. I think there's a design fault with them. Normally earphones last between 6 months and a year for me. I got on to them after the first one went and they sent out a replacement, but now the 2nd one has gone and they're not answering emails.

The three-pack of these earphones allegedly costs €106 - with this type of quality, I'm just glad I didn't pay full price.

call them

https://www.duedil.com/company/IE501358/groupon-international-limited

Explain and don't get fobbed off.

I hadn't thought of contacting Groupon, I was going direct to Veho - I'll try them, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I saw that cheap price and wondered if they were fakes. Especially as groupon usually take 50% of the selling price, thats right 50%. It was €16 for 3 pairs, so the company was getting €8 from groupon and I think that included postage.

Earphones are a prime target for fakes, but htey usually only go after well known brands like monster.

BTW nearly all my earphones fail at that point. I now wrap them with insulating tape so it can not get such a harsh bend there. If they were good quality you can buy cheapo ones with a decent connection point and cut open and splice the wires together. Some cheap audio cables (not earphones) have very good reinforecment at that point.

found this guide on it. http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Headphone-Repair-for-Broken-Wires/

• Advertisement

I was meaning to have a go at fixing the 10 or so various broken sets I have - handy link, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jrsmcgovern

I have used Veho earphones since 2013 and I know they used to have their problems in the past but they introduced a new version of the earphones in 2014. They seem to be better quality, and I have had no problems with my new set of veho earphones. The connection at the 3.5mm connection has been updated and they appear to have improved in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@jrsmcgovern - Please do not resurrect old threads. Zombie thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement