Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Applications

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Maybe this has been dicussed here before and if so apologies. I am trying to find out the criteria than the banks use when trying to decide on whether to grant a loan or not.

I understand that they stress test based on the interest rate rising by a certain amount but I am wondering what is the acceptable percentage of your net income they deem acceptable to be used to cover loan commitments. Also what other criteria do they deem important to accepting the application or not? Really finding this process frustrating for what is only a small personnal loan.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Things like what the
    Loan is for, would you be able to repay it, your banking history go into your bank have a chat with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Salary, residential status, continuous employment. Conduct on accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Income is important but not everything. Employment status (permanent/temp, occupation, industry), living status, number of dependants, other debts, other outgoings, how you manage your current account.

These are factors and how they are treated will vary between banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

cazzak79 wrote: »
    would you be able to repay it

Everything else from the above comments is certainly a factor in their decision but this is the main issue when it comes to making their mind up. And what I am trying to do is figure out is how do they decide if I am able to pay it or not?

I know I can repay based on my current net monthly income and monthly outgoings.

Advertisement