Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-life crisis Break up

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm 18 my boyfriend is 31 he is going through an ugly divorce (she cheated on him) and now a mid-life crisis, stating he is depressed is going to loose the house he built and his son will never live with him again. He changed over night he went from telling me he loved me and Nothing would come between us to telling me he can't deal with a relationship. I was trying my best to keep in contact he says he is seeing a therapist but now he has stopped answering my calls texts and completely ignoring me, just because he finished with me won't stop me from worrying in fact the way he did it makes me worry more :confused:..... should I just give up and hope that after time the sleepless nights end or keep trying to get in contact ???? has any 1 else been in this situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Podgers

from my experience the best thing to do is give him time, it seems he has a lot on his plate to be honest. its very difficult to maintain a relationship with dealing which so much time, is what he needs. If you start hounding him with messages you will only drive him away further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A divorcee who starts a relationship with an 18 yr old. Sounds kinda like you're part of his 'crisis'.

Don't expect this to go anywhere. He's more than likely not going to come back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    A divorcee who starts a relationship with an 18 yr old. Sounds kinda like you're part of his 'crisis'.

Don't expect this to go anywhere. He's more than likely not going to come back to you.

Harsh but probably true. I see the glamour of an older man, although I've never been in thrall to it, but you are 18 OP. Lots of time to be dealing with mid-life crisis men- when you're forty and married to one.

Go out and have fun, don't look back. You're too young to be wasting your time in a situation like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

pudy wrote: »
    I'm 18 my boyfriend is 31 he is going through an ugly divorce (she cheated on him) and now a mid-life crisis, stating he is depressed is going to loose the house he built and his son will never live with him again. He changed over night he went from telling me he loved me and Nothing would come between us to telling me he can't deal with a relationship. I was trying my best to keep in contact he says he is seeing a therapist but now he has stopped answering my calls texts and completely ignoring me, just because he finished with me won't stop me from worrying in fact the way he did it makes me worry more :confused:..... should I just give up and hope that after time the sleepless nights end or keep trying to get in contact ???? has any 1 else been in this situation.

Hi OP. It's a tough situation and I sympathise. At 18 to be honest I think you should be out having fun and dating nice guys under 25 who enhance your life and make you happy.
    This relationship is really not good for you and in a way he is telling you this by his behaviour. He is at another stage of life and dealing with the kind of crap that comes with it.
    I really believe you need to move on - it won't be easy - it never is when we really care about someone.
    Bt he is telling you by his actions to move on and get on with your life.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pudy

ok well i wouldn call it hounding him and that was a bit harsh but thanks 4 d advice just give up on him because he doesn care about me like i do him. . . I guess i'll let it go and let time tell your advice helps but i'll still miss him

• Advertisement
Advertisement