Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor unlocking criteria?

• 23-08-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭

I bought an iPhone 4s via Adverts.ie in Oct last, it was bought without contract for €697 (32GB). I have a copy of the receipt that the seller was kind enough to give me.

I'm going to the states in 2 weeks and was hoping to get it unlocked to use a local sim.

How can I go about getting it unlocked?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

From Meteor's forum

https://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/How-to-unlock-your-iPhone-4s-Updated/td-p/34951
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay.

We have a procedure in place for unlocking the iPhone 4s for the interim while the main points of the procedure are locked down. (The below is subject to review at any time)

PAYG – Standards terms and conditions apply, once you top up by €130 you can request the code through customer care.

Bill Pay –If you are looking for a code for your phone please contact our customer care team and they can advise you on your eligibility for the code. However, in most cases (99.9999999% of the time), it can only be given out at the end of a contract. If you are out of contract please give us a call with the following:

•MSISDN

•Account number

•IMEI

•Model

And we can get you the code.

Couple of points to note:

- Apple will unlock the phone but you must synch the phone to iTunes to confirm this has been done.

- If you put in an alternative SIM card after you unlock the phone, in certain cases the phone will lock to that SIM cards network. In this case you may have to contact that network for the NUC. (I'm waiting on full confirmation of this).

Thanks,

Steven

Advertisement