Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hello

My brother is gifting me 15000 euro to buy a house. He is going to transfer the money from his bank of ireland account into my bank of ireland account. Will we need to bring ID's, etc. to the bank or will it be a straight forward transaction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi airman737,

Your brother will need to bring id when he is transferring the money into your account. If you plan on withdrawing the money as cash once its transferred you will need to give the branch 24hours notice and have photo id as well.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Hi airman737,

Your brother will need to bring id when he is transferring the money into your account. If you plan on withdrawing the money as cash once its transferred you will need to give the branch 24hours notice and have photo id as well.

Thanks
    Linda

Thanks a million Linda. Will I need to accompany him or can he transfer it without me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi airman737,

Once you provide your brother with your account details, you will not need to be there.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Thanks a million Linda Appreciate it.

Advertisement