Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellmount student accommodation

• 23-08-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey Im Joanne a newbie here :)
    I just accepted a place in ait and am looking for a apartment, I looked up wellmount and it seems to be the best price and looks good too. I wanted to know if anyone has a review on it and whats it like.
    Also any reviews about other apartments around ait it needs to be within walking distance!
    Thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jojo_94

Or an idea of what Glen Abhainn is like would be good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Wellmount is mostly occupied by Erasmus (international) students, and as a result can be quite noisy. It's a long, dark walk home in Winter as well, I don't know if you remember the attacks that took place in the Bonavalley area in 2007 and 2008...?

Glen Abhainn is safer in terms of distance to walk to college and shops (there's a regular bus service into the main town centre-- a 3km walk-- from the entrance to Willow Park).
    A friend of mine lived there most of her time in AIT and it was quite nice, not sure what the rents are like but if you like apartment living then it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jojo_94

Oh i do remember the attacks that went on that doesnt sound like a good option now at all :/ Beginning to get worried though all other student accommodation seems to be full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 Scan111

Heatherview appartments? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

wouldnt recommend wellmount, big problems with dampness and the landlords are not nice to deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement