Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back boiler and solid fuel stoves?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi. We have a 15 year old house. It is a timber framed dormer bungalow with eleven radiators. We burn a lot of wood in the open fire, but because we have no back boiler, it is mostly wasted heat.
    I want to get a back boiler fitted, so that the heat can be spread all around the house. I don;t have any idea where to start Can anybody recommend a size.brand of stove, or tell me how much I should pay fro one. Also, I would love to have an idea how much a plumber should charge to install the back boiler etc. Would the plumber supply the back boiler?

All help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Katy
    It's normally the home owner that buys the stove as you would decide on the style of it.
    You could be looking at between €500 and €1200 to install the stove with back boiler as you would also need to change the hot water cylinder in the hotpress for a dual coil cylinder.
    Hope this helps
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 46,050 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Katy Daly wrote: »
    Hi. We have a 15 year old house. It is a timber framed dormer bungalow with eleven radiators. We burn a lot of wood in the open fire, but because we have no back boiler, it is mostly wasted heat.
    I want to get a back boiler fitted, so that the heat can be spread all around the house. I don;t have any idea where to start Can anybody recommend a size.brand of stove, or tell me how much I should pay fro one. Also, I would love to have an idea how much a plumber should charge to install the back boiler etc. Would the plumber supply the back boiler?

All help is appreciated.
    You already have your query posted in the plumbing and heating forum which is the correct place for it. Please dont cross post over multiple forums as it may be viewed as spam.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement