Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fined for leaving.

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Eircom folk,
    I was wondering if you could assist me. I left Eircom for UPC recently after a phonecall to Eircom asking if they could match the price of UPC. The eircom rep said that he couldn't, and I said that I would be leaving them. The rep apologised that he couldn't help me more, and that was that. About a month later I switched to UPC. All went smoothly. UNTIL, I received my final eircom bill. It had a cancellation fine of €42. I paid what I owed in terms of service, but contest the fine.
    I have been trying to contact someone to contest this with, but all I am getting is people explaining why the fine is there (Not given a months notice in writing). using 1901 service, I had a CSO, Clara, tell me that notices were taken out in newspapers explaining this new policy, and that I should have received notice of it too. I never received such notice. All I was aware of, was that when I was in my 12 month contract, that I would be penalised for leaving, and I am well out of that. Even when I rang the guy to say I would be leaving, he never mentioned it. I got a nasty legal letter about 10 days to pay etc and obviously, I do not wish to get embroiled in legal stuff for the sake of €42. Now, if i could speak to someone from Eircom with the power to quash this, then that would be great. Alternatively, if they wish to proceed legally, I want it to be noted by Eircom, that I have not ignored them, but rather sought to engage them about my contest. So far the CSO's, Iris and Clara so far, have given me conflicting information. Clara said not all calls were recorded, while Iris said that all calls WERE recorded etc. No management were available to take my call according to Iris (very pleasent lady btw), and she put me onto credit management, but I was left on hold for twenty odd minutes, so I had to hang up. Joe Lenihan is the collections manager that signed the letter threatening legal action, but no-one will put me onto him.

So, is there any chance that someone here from Eircom can assist me? It would be very much appreciated.
    Regards,
    James.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi Eircom folk,
    I was wondering if you could assist me. I left Eircom for UPC recently after a phonecall to Eircom asking if they could match the price of UPC. The eircom rep said that he couldn't, and I said that I would be leaving them. The rep apologised that he couldn't help me more, and that was that. About a month later I switched to UPC. All went smoothly. UNTIL, I received my final eircom bill. It had a cancellation fine of €42. I paid what I owed in terms of service, but contest the fine.
    I have been trying to contact someone to contest this with, but all I am getting is people explaining why the fine is there (Not given a months notice in writing). using 1901 service, I had a CSO, Clara, tell me that notices were taken out in newspapers explaining this new policy, and that I should have received notice of it too. I never received such notice. All I was aware of, was that when I was in my 12 month contract, that I would be penalised for leaving, and I am well out of that. Even when I rang the guy to say I would be leaving, he never mentioned it. I got a nasty legal letter about 10 days to pay etc and obviously, I do not wish to get embroiled in legal stuff for the sake of €42. Now, if i could speak to someone from Eircom with the power to quash this, then that would be great. Alternatively, if they wish to proceed legally, I want it to be noted by Eircom, that I have not ignored them, but rather sought to engage them about my contest. So far the CSO's, Iris and Clara so far, have given me conflicting information. Clara said not all calls were recorded, while Iris said that all calls WERE recorded etc. No management were available to take my call according to Iris (very pleasent lady btw), and she put me onto credit management, but I was left on hold for twenty odd minutes, so I had to hang up. Joe Lenihan is the collections manager that signed the letter threatening legal action, but no-one will put me onto him.

So, is there any chance that someone here from Eircom can assist me? It would be very much appreciated.
    Regards,
    James.

Hi James,

I can't confirm anything without the account number but the cancellations policy is a 'one for all' rule so agents aren't able to overrule this charge, ourselves included. The only way that may help (and will also allow you to officially log the issue) is to call our complaints section. The grounds for the complaint which I can gather from your post is that the 30 days notice process wasn't advised to you correctly. If you call freephone 1800 200 481 they will note the complaint and investigate. Apologies for the conflicting info but the amount of calls recorded depends on the department you're dealing with. Some have 100% call recording and some only have a random selection of calls recorded. If you PM me the account number I can look into it but the quickest way to resolve would be the number above. Hope this helps and apologies we can't write off the charge for you here.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Revolver Ireland

Hi James,

I can't confirm anything without the account number but the cancellations policy is a 'one for all' rule so agents aren't able to overrule this charge, ourselves included. The only way that may help (and will also allow you to officially log the issue) is to call our complaints section. The grounds for the complaint which I can gather from your post is that the 30 days notice process wasn't advised to you correctly. If you call freephone 1800 200 481 they will note the complaint and investigate. Apologies for the conflicting info but the amount of calls recorded depends on the department you're dealing with. Some have 100% call recording and some only have a random selection of calls recorded. If you PM me the account number I can look into it but the quickest way to resolve would be the number above. Hope this helps and apologies we can't write off the charge for you here.

Regards

James

Thanks for the info James. Appreciate the swift response. I'll call that number, and I've pm'd you the account number, just in case there is anything that can be done.
    Thanks again,
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Revolver Ireland

Got this resolved. Thanks. You can close this thread, or do whatever yee do.

Advertisement