Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Recommendations

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

trying to expand my reading horizons, have read the usuals like, LOGO R.I.P., No Logo etc, has anyone got any recommendations? Particularly typography and logo design books!

Thanks!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Hay!
    It all depends on what you want from the books, is it just eye candy or its the formulation of logos and type.

A book that I found to be of great help regarding type is: A type primer by John Kane 2nd edition.
    And for logo formulation: Logo design love by David Airey. The book marks of excellence would be a good addition also.

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Thanks for the reply, I'll check those out!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hazelhoff

I was just about to type Logodesignlove, great book! Anyone have any really good Typography books they could recommend for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 medinka

The elements of typographic style - Robert Bringhurst
    The ten commandments of type/ Type Hersey - Paul Felton

In the meantime you can play little game http://type.method.ac/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hazelhoff

Thank you I am dying to play that game. Browser in here does not support it but will check it out when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 OctoberRain

David Carson is inspirational. You should expand your horizons by listening to TED talks.

Advertisement