Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken Sword 5

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

This is being released in 2 episodes.
    1st in December 4 th and 2nd in Janurary.
    Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Just read that a while ago :) Each episode will be like a full length game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Haven't looked at the updates in a while. Have to wait until early next year for the physical kickstarter goodies, but it looks like the beta should be available soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,182 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Out in a week, and both Steam and GOG are doing the 20%-off for pre-orders thing. €23.39 on Steam, but only $20 from GOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I can't contain my excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've not played the first 4. I already saw earlier on the steam recommended bit where people do reader reviews that they said it isn't necessary to play the previous ones, but that one should play.. it might have been the first two or something. Any thoughts on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

You should defo play the first 2 at the least, its not like other games in that older versions seem dated as the first 2 have more or less the same artstyle and all of the games have the same gameplay mechanics so no reason to jump straight into the latest game.

Plus if you don't like the first game, you'll probably not like any of the others and its much cheaper going that route just incase !

Have played a good 5 or 6 hours so far, loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I have an obscene amount of games to play so I'd not get to it any time soon. It feels like I'd be lucky to get to it before the 2020s at this stage[/exaggeration]

Got about two hours of it in yesterday, pregnancy brain makes it all the more challenging!
    I'm in love with the Voice of George Stobbart!
    Definitely at least play 1 & 2, if nothing else they introduce the setting, the characters and how they met and give you some memories that would explain inside jokes etc. Third one was pretty awful with way too much jumping about and climbing, fourth one was only marginally better (and probably because of the pretty gfx).

This one has definitely found the meeting in the middle so to speak!

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm in love with the Voice of George Stobbart!
    That's Rolf Saxon in case you're wondering. I think he's mainly done stage work recently. He's been in a few films too, like Saving Private Ryan, and he was the guy Tom Hanks dropped in on in Mission Impossible.

7569-rolf-saxon.jpg

That's Rolf Saxon in case you're wondering. I think he's mainly done stage work recently. He's been in a few films too, like Saving Private Ryan, and he was the guy Tom Hanks dropped in on in Mission Impossible.

7569-rolf-saxon.jpg

Unfortunately, it's just the voice I'm in love with, attached to George himself :D
    I was very disappointed when I saw what he looked like back when I was 13 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Looking forward to picking it up over the Christmas, it will be time well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw would love if they made it for ps3 or ps4 as well!

Woo hoo the 2nd part should be available to download 6.00pm today.

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Woo hoo the 2nd part should be available to download 6.00pm today.

Steam says no update available :(

Log in to broken sword 5 and it will auto update. Just playing the 2nd part now.

Advertisement