Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introductary lessons to TY & 5th Year French

• 23-08-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what other French teachers usually do in the first few lessons with TY'S and 5th years.

I have games/revision powerpoints organised for Junior Cycle, so Im just looking for some ideas of where to start with these year groups!

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭drvantramp

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

Great link drvantramp! Merci :) Haven't done anything about David Guetta thus far but I must look into it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHoT4N43jK8

I didn't do this for an introductory lesson, but a sort of "fun lesson" as my fifth year group liked Kanye West's cover/remix version of the song, constantly singing it and so on. I said one day that his was not the original, it's by a Belgian artist, so we did this as a sort of reward for good work :D Asked them to listen to the song three times and try to note down any lyrics, then gave out the lyrics and we looked at the meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭rose23

Thanks for those links, will definitely use them throughout the year!

What do ye usually do in first few lessons with 5th years? I've never had this year group before and need some advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

I guess some sort of "get to know you" game. I have done this as a sub teacher with a new class. I basically googled what to do with a new class. I know lol :D

A simple game :)

The first person says
    "Je m'appelle Jane".

Second person,
    "Je m'appelle John et elle s'appelle Jane".

Third:
    "Je m'appelle Jake et il s'appelle John et elle s'appelle Jane". (going from the person beside them back through the classroom)

It's simple, but reinforces the use and pronunciation of il/elle, also people get tongue tied and it's a bit of fun. I end it with Je m'appelle Mademoiselle Jones...and then try to name them all. (I cheat and note their names when they're not looking haha!)

Advertisement