Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast Woman to Marry Oklahoma Man She's Never Met

• 23-08-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-woman-prepares-to-marry-an-American-man-shes-only-met-online-167162865.html?page=1
    A Belfast woman is preparing to meet her American fiancé for the first time. The pair plan to marry, although they have never met, having found each other on an internet dating website.

Patricia Mallon (48) from Belfast will meet her fiancée Joseph McMahon, from Oklahoma, for the first time in three weeks when he arrives to prepare for their wedding.

McMahon proposed to Mallon by phone in April and they now plan to marry just two weeks after they meet for the first time.

McMahon is a divorced father-of-two, who works as a car restorer in Oklahoma.
    I find it hard to believe that they would do this. I'd say you don't know anyone properly until you've picked their dirty undies up off the bedroom floor a few times!!

I'll give them 6 months...

How Long Will They Last... 27 votes

< 6 Months
    0% 0 votes
    < 1 Year
    44% 12 votes
    Happily Ever After...
    14% 4 votes
    As Long As It Takes An Atari Jaguar To Start
    40% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

bet you it's two dudes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I like how they have to point out that she's not the one pictured in the stock photograph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

LOL!!!!!
    I love the way the paper gives the womans age but no mention of what age the man is, least he has a job.

Fair fups to both of them I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Internet relationships are one of the more disturbing aspects of my generation, and I should know. Eventually I went out and got a real life non-weird girlfriend. Far superior to the internet species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

LOL!!!!!
    I love the way the paper gives the womans age but no mention of what age the man is, least he has a job.

Fair fups to both of them I say!

They mightn'y have given his age but he'll be 50 on 7th October, the day they are getting married, so I'd say he's probably late forties or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Woman that works with my brother in law met an American guy online and married him after meeting twice iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Greencard. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Sure you only know them when ye marry them ;-)

humanji wrote: »
    I like how they have to point out that she's not the one pictured in the stock photograph.

I bet that's not even his hand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

humanji wrote: »

It's a good thing they did, I didn't realise 3D had come along so much in laptops!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I voted 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

had a weird taxi driver a few months bank who decided to tell us that he was sleeping in seperate rooms to the wife and he's leaving her to go live in texas with some bird he met on line once his eldest kid finished his leaving cert.

when i pointed out it was very hard to get a visa he told us that they're crying out for taxi drivers in texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The Sun wouldn't leave you without a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I blame the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

humbert wrote: »

THATS MY WIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARCELLA WAIT TILL I GET HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YWO TIMING NO GOOD.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

bamboozle wrote: »
    had a weird taxi driver a few months bank who decided to tell us that he was sleeping in seperate rooms to the wife and he's leaving her to go live in texas with some bird he met on line once his eldest kid finished his leaving cert.

when i pointed out it was very hard to get a visa he told us that they're crying out for taxi drivers in texas.

Haha!

And do you have that effect on people that they tell you these innermost secrets? My aunt has the 'gift' - people actually follow her round to reveal their deepest fears and feelings to her :eek: they tell her they see a 'healing holiness' in her and seek her advice.
    I am glad not to have inherited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

No, just NO.

There could be so many things they aren't telling each other and could be in the mindset of "sure it be grand when we meet".

Meeting to see how they get on is all good but marriage is a step to far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

humbert wrote: »

Fúck it. I'm not about to have a go at them. I would have advised a prior meet though.

I sped read the article itself, and assume the wedding is happening over there. If it all goes tits up, they could be out of it in a few months.

Not. Like. This. Hell hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I bet they live happily ever after. Honestly if the two of them are that idiotic then they are perfect together.

Or he'll chop her up and make a table out of her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-woman-prepares-to-marry-an-American-man-shes-only-met-online-167162865.html?page=1

I find it hard to believe that they would do this. I'd say you don't know anyone properly until you've picked their dirty undies up off the bedroom floor a few times!!

I'll give them 6 months...

At least he's real - I hear tell of some women that get married to an invisible man and then they never even get their leg over with him!

I'm a bit suspicious if the story is true!

• Advertisement
Advertisement