Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Door Cinema Club @ O2 Dublin - January 19th 2013

Options
  • 23-08-2012 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Good to see them moving up to a big venue.
    I don't think they'll sell it out, but the hype of the second album might push it.

Pre sale starts August 29th!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

That's unbelievable, its like anyone can sell out the O2 nowadays.

Next thing The Minutes will be headlining their own gig there.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

But no Belfast gig despite actually being an Northern Irish band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

o2 is surely absurdly big for these

Kois wrote: »
    Pre sale starts August 29th!

Woah, wouldn't want to miss that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

O'Doodle wrote: »

Didn't they play Belfast a few weeks ago??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

O'Doodle wrote: »

They headlined Belsonic two weeks ago, tour was announced the day before it iirc. Belfast is the place they get the smallest crowds, weirdly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They headlined Belsonic two weeks ago, tour was announced the day before it iirc. Belfast is the place they get the smallest crowds, weirdly.

Oh really? Thats very weird which kinda explains why they didnt do the Odyessy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Hey guys, just wondering what public transport would be like after gig is over.Would there be a bus heading from near the o2 that would pass by Swords?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

anirishlad wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering what public transport would be like after gig is over.Would there be a bus heading from near the o2 that would pass by Swords?

Hop on a LUAS to Abbey Street and get a 41 from there. LUAS is right next to the o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Is anyone here going to this gig? I want to but none of my mates are going. If anyone is up for meeting up on the night for beers and dance let me know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Any idea if stage times will be released? I've got stuff to do in Cork that day and wouldn't mind knowing what the latest bus I could get and make them is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Standing for this is sold out I think?

First act is on at half 7 so I would guess they are on at roughly 9/half 9.

Standing tickets still available, i just bought one through their website. Looking forward to it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Has anybody seen these live before? :P know loads of people trying to sell there tickets.

I was lucky enough to be in Hollywood, LA in October when they were playing, got the tickets for $20 which is only around €15, bargain! They were great live when I saw them, met the band after too :D

Looking forward to seeing Jape too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Has anybody seen these live before? :P know loads of people trying to sell there tickets.

You don't know of any one with two standing tickets still going do you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Anyone got a link on the stage times?
    Doors are at 18.30, that's all i've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Junior wrote: »
    You don't know of any one with two standing tickets still going do you ?

And me too. Am looking for 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

They were unreal in the Olympia the time I saw them.
    Think they will be class in the 02 as well.
    Saturday night gig so everyone will be able to give it the big one.
    They have a great sound the place will be rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

where is good for warm up pints before the gig. are there any decent pubs near the 02?

Brego888 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link on the stage times?
    Doors are at 18.30, that's all i've got.

From o2

"The doors open at 6.30, the show starts at 7.30 with The Cast of Cheers, followed by JAPE. The Two Door Cinema Club will be on stage after 9pm and the show will finish between 10.30 and 11pm."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Cant wait, just got my tickets! Whooohooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

From o2

"The doors open at 6.30, the show starts at 7.30 with The Cast of Cheers, followed by JAPE. The Two Door Cinema Club will be on stage after 9pm and the show will finish between 10.30 and 11pm."

Good man cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

headin to this for my birthday,cant wait!

Bowlardo wrote: »
    where is good for warm up pints before the gig. are there any decent pubs near the 02?

I'm wondering this myself. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, Im told the O2 dont have a cloak room, where the fudge will I put my jacket?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ellenot

Looking for one or two tickets, if anyone is selling please get in contact. Desperately in need of one, thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ellenot

If you know anybody selling, please let me know! Getting desperate at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Cast of Cheers - ****e rip-off version of Foals. Avoid or boo them.

Jape - interesting if you're in the mood. Stay at the bar if you're not.

2 Door Cinema Club - jesus ****in christ, how can anyone listen to this alterpretendnative pop music ginger twat ****e.

Don't bother!

daveyeh wrote: »
    Cast of Cheers - ****e rip-off version of Foals. Avoid or boo them.

Jape - interesting if you're in the mood. Stay at the bar if you're not.

2 Door Cinema Club - jesus ****in christ, how can anyone listen to this alterpretendnative pop music ginger twat ****e.

Don't bother!

Why would you bother comment if you have no interest in the gig? Music is subjective, each to their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Why would you bother comment if you have no interest in the gig? Music is subjective, each to their own!

Coz they annoy me. Call it venting. Might not be common, but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

From o2

Ok i'm getting old I remember all these playing in small bars around Dublin not so long ago.

Advertisement