Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap iphone car charger

• 23-08-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I hear you can get these in 2 Euro shops. Anyone know if they're ok ?

Are there any 2 euro shops between city centre and Ballymun exit on M50, or city centre and N2/M50 exit or along Malahide road ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I hear you can get these in 2 Euro shops. Anyone know if they're ok ?

Are there any 2 euro shops between city centre and Ballymun exit on M50, or city centre and N2/M50 exit or along Malahide road ?

Honestly , if you bought a charger from a 2 Euro shop, i wouldn't be surprised it your phone blew up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

There's a euro general in Charlestown shopping centre(M50 Finglas),
    Though I would personally use something like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Got that one myself with cable as well, and can't rate it highly enough, it charges so so quickly, far better than even home charger for Apple products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Thanks. Know anywhere I can pick one up ? Need it for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, to answer your original question...

You can forget about buying a charger from a €2 shop because they won't work. Modern iPhone/iPod devices will not accept a charge from devices which are not approved by Apple. Any accessory like a dock or charger needs to have the 'Works with iPhone' logo on the packaging or the device will not accept a charge from it.

Apple probably got tired of people coming back with warranty claims after they fried their battery with cheap chargers so nowadays any accessory which tries to send a charge needs to be licensed by Apple and carry this logo....

works-with-iphone-logo-wt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

coylemj wrote: »

You can forget about buying a charger from a €2 shop because they won't work. Modern iPhone/iPod devices will not accept a charge from devices which are not approved by Apple. Any accessory like a dock or charger needs to have the 'Works with iPhone' logo on the packaging or the device will not accept a charge from it.

Apple probably got tired of people coming back with warranty claims after they fried their battery with cheap chargers so nowadays any accessory which tries to send a charge needs to be licensed by Apple and carry this logo....

If I use the USB charger with an official iphone cable will that work ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I got a great iPhone/multi charger in an apple green station. It's super and was only a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    If I use the USB charger with an official iphone cable will that work ?

I don't know what you mean by 'the USB charger'. Just try it and see, in the worst case the Apple device will say it won't accept a charge from that accessory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

coylemj wrote: »

That's bollox about the chargers not working. I have one from a euro city that I've being using one with an iPhone 4 for over a year.

Granted it has the made for iPhone logo but it's from a 2 euro shop

Advertisement