Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl weee

Options
  • 23-08-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

hi my mower started smoking last week and passed away but as faith would have it lidl have lawn mowers on sale today. do they take my old one? both mowers are of similar size and i know they should take it but i have never seen or heard of anyone doing it. normally i dump electric stuff at power city but if lidl are charging me a weee fee then they should take it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lookitsme wrote: »
    hi my mower started smoking last week and passed away but as faith would have it lidl have lawn mowers on sale today. do they take my old one? both mowers are of similar size and i know they should take it but i have never seen or heard of anyone doing it. normally i dump electric stuff at power city but if lidl are charging me a weee fee then they should take it
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/customer-service.htm
    Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)

Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) must never be placed in your waste disposal or recycling bins. WEEE is taken back free of charge at electrical retail outlets on a one-for-one like-for-like basis. There is a bin for small batteries in your local store. Local authority civic amenity facilities also take back WEEE and waste batteries free of charge. WEEE and waste battery recycling is free.
    Reading this they should take your old mower when you buy a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

lookitsme wrote: »

WEEE is anything with a plug or a battery, the takeback of WEEE is free.

1.) Is it WEEE? Does it have a plug or a battery? If it is a petrol mower than it DOES NOT fall under WEEE, and LIDL are not obliged to take it back.

2.) LIDL have to take back WEEE on a like for like basis, it's the law.

If you are not buying an new mower and your old mower falls under the WEEE category, than you can take it to your nearest Civic Amenity Site. WEEE Ireland also organise collection days around the country every year for the takeback of WEEE. Check their website for updates: http://recyclefree.ie/publiccollection.html

Advertisement