Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts in pats or repeat?!

• 23-08-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey :)
    I would really like your help :)
    I just done my leaving cert and got offered arts in st.pats as I want to become a primary school teacher one day :)
    I know now i didn't try my best and could work harder
    I'm only 17 and considering repeating my leaving cert and hopefully get enough points to get into primary teaching the the direct route!
    The thing is I now have been offered campus accomodation and am very lucky to have got it!
    BUt what should I do take the arts in st.pats or repeat my leaving cert. and try the direct route?
    Is it harder then to get into the h.dip after arts?
    Please help and give me some advice :)
    Any Advice would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

member1 wrote: »
    I just done my leaving cert and got offered arts in st.pats as I want to become a primary school teacher one day :)
    I'm only 17 and considering repeating my leaving cert and hopefully get enough points to get into primary teaching the the direct route!
    The thing is I now have been offered campus accomodation and am very lucky to have got it!
    BUt what should I do take the arts in st.pats or repeat my leaving cert. and try the direct route?
    Thanks.

I'm in much the same position as you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 member1

Yeah it's a toughie! :L did you get Campus accomodation coffeelover? :P There's a dicussion on here already similar to this!http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80347166
    Read this and it may help you make a decision! :)
    Good luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Yeah it's a toughie! :L did you get Campus accomodation coffeelover? :P There's a dicussion on here already similar to this!http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80347166
    Read this and it may help you make a decision! :)
    Good luck :D

Have my name down but still have to pay the deposit :( have you? Thanks a million. That thread is a great help :)

I will prob repeat! But whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Thanks.

I would repeat to be honest. The graduate entry is extremely extremely extremely hard to get into, plus the fees are high. You are only 17 and the time repeating will fly! Plus I would try and get in before any changes in requirements in the grade for Maths and English!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Your only 17 I would repeat. Like I have heard from people Arts in Pats is like 8 hours a week of lectures. Also I have heard that Pats has enough on site accommodation for everyone in 1st year and the area around Pats is pretty much 75% rental property so dont worry about accommodation either,

At the end of the day its the next 4 years of your life and **** everyone and do what you what because you will that one in lecture hall doing the degree and if teaching is what you want repeat. Its one year for 4 years of fun

Thanks for all the advice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Repeating isn't easy but if it's what you want, go for it, it'll probably pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Also remember, you may in-fact change your mind, and you could reapply to CAO again next year without repeating , you'd never know.

Advertisement