Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samurai sword gumtree

• 23-08-2012 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Someone is selling a samurai sword on gumtree.ie , this is illegal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

if you use it to kill somebody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

It's 30 quid. It's more than likely fake/replica/kid's toy.

And I don't think so, I know it's legal to own a sword if you a licence for martial arts purposes or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have a few hideous 'decorative' knives around the house, I'd say the katana is fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

It's 30 quid. It's more than likely fake/replica/kid's toy.

And I don't think so, I know it's legal to own a sword if you a licence for martial arts purposes or something.

Not that one another seller has a set of them : 'Sharp and dangerous' he says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

No, the 1990 Firearms and Offensive Weapons act says you can't carry one in a public place.. doesn't say you can't own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its obviously just one of those ornaments, the price alone proves its not real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Or maybe the price alone proves it's a BARGAIN!

Caveman1 wrote: »

What do you mean an ornament and not real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I always carry a pen with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Think its the scissor sisters sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Anyone check out what else he is selling? Strait jacket, hand cuffs and horse riding gear......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

GAAman wrote: »
    Anyone check out what else he is selling? Strait jacket, hand cuffs and horse riding gear......
    Are you on gumtree, or reading 50 Shades? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

i know nunchucks can be kept in your own home and used under the supervision of a trained person in a safe enviroment (training hall). when transporting them they must be coverd and in a bag

wonder if this is the same for swords????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

its is only one if you are one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I think in order to buy one you must have a letter from the main guy of a martial arts dojo. I know they were trying to control sword crime (supposedly it's a problem) so wanted to stop people from getting them unless they are properly trained. Makes the polics reports far more interesting

Advertisement