Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hookers in Red Square

Options
  • 23-08-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Loads of them, wearing yellow shirts. Approached earlier by one with the line 'hello darling where have you been all my life' and caught by the hand and invited for a chat where I was asked for money and told I would feel good if I handed it over. Not like the old days though, she wanted me to pay via direct debit..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

thomasm wrote: »
    Loads of them, wearing yellow shirts. Approached earlier by one with the line 'hello darling where have you been all my life' and caught by the hand and invited for a chat where I was asked for money and told I would feel good if I handed it over. Not like the old days though, she wanted me so pay via direct debit..

What 'charity' were they working for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    What 'charity' were they working for?

Amnesty International. They don't seem to be as well trained as Concern. Concern must be trained like army cadets. If you try evasive manoeuvres another jumps from behind a pillar to get you.

Be thankful though! In Dublin they have to avoid so many more of them looking for fresh meat almost everyday, as well as junkies and beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

thomasm wrote: »
    Loads of them, wearing yellow shirts. Approached earlier by one with the line 'hello darling where have you been all my life' and caught by the hand and invited for a chat where I was asked for money and told I would feel good if I handed it over. Not like the old days though, she wanted me so pay via direct debit..

I had a nice chat with the same girl (english accent) about human rights, the 3 punk girls in Russia, and clitoral mutilation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

nice_very wrote: »
    I had a nice chat with the same girl (english accent) about human rights, the 3 punk girls in Russia, and clitoral mutilation...

Charming! :)

Britain has just brought in new laws to scale back how the 'chuggers' operate, hasn't it? I wonder will we follow suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

nice_very wrote: »

Bring up circumcision and you'll see how committed they are to human rights, as opposed to following a safe "a la carte" list!

Chuggers bug the crap out of me. I make regular small donations to a few charities that I've researched, so I don't appreciate the guilt-trip when I'm just down the town having a mooch around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I usually just laugh at these people. Anybody who thinks I am going to hand over my bank account details to a complete stranger on the street only deserves to be laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I'm always surprised by the amount of people who actually look like they are signing up to something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

They are Chuggers.

Charity Muggers and they are a nuisance. Get them the whole time in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Ireland is the 2nd most charitable country in the world compared to the US which is how much bigger?

Those 'chuggers' are on pretty good money though I hear.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

dazftw wrote: »
    Ireland is the 2nd most charitable country in the world compared to the US which is how much bigger?

2nd most charitable per capita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

I've done the job myself and yeah, it's fairly ****e, but it's better than being on the dole and it helped my loads with getting other jobs.
    The charitys benifit too so it's good for them I guess.

The ones that jump out at you are annoying though. I never bothered with that cos I didn't feel like being given out to :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

dazftw wrote: »

I reckon anyone that is that pushy must be making a good crust.

Concern lads are anyways.
    The one I was working for you got 320 a week but you'd be away from home all week and working 9 am - 8pm most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

waterford hospice gets my money every week, **** te rest of em

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    The one I was working for you got 320 a week but you'd be away from home all week and working 9 am - 8pm most nights.

Did you have weekly targets so? How did it work in that way?

Fair play to you for doing it.

Yeah you had to get 3 a day, I got my targets most days and they where wgrand enough to work for. I can see why people hate them but I couldn't stand being on the dole haha.
    Opened the door for lots of other dead end jobs also :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Anyone who starts a thread with a title like this deserves to be relieved of all their money for getting my hopes up like that.

Fcuker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Kitty_Ears wrote: »

320 a week to do that - no thank you.

but if unemployed I suppose its better than the dole and for a good cause and I suppose nice to see that they don't overpay or pay by commission.

But the inane happy greeting has to change - it is sooooo false.

Advertisement