Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

athlone accom for 200 people??

Options
  • 23-08-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hi,

anyone any advice on this? preferably self catering if i can get it at all. hotels are sort of not a good move considering the group in question.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 730 ✭✭✭gosuckonalemon

Pikey wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pipkin12

so remarkably helpful.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

pipkin12 wrote: »
    so remarkably helpful.....
    what would be helpful would be a little more info

What more information would be required? I simply need an idea of anywhere that could accommodate 200 people in Athlone. In March. Its a Sailing event. thats all I have. Can you help?

What more information would be required? I simply need an idea of anywhere that could accommodate 200 people in Athlone. In March. Its a Sailing event. thats all I have. Can you help?

What kind of a building could possibly hold that number for a short period of time other than a hotel?

Unless there is a campsite.

Or there are 50 short term letting apartments.

• Advertisement

well the simple solution for that amount of people is hotels, more than enough good hotels in the area.
    I don't see how a sailing crowd would be a problem?! unless you all want to rent a big field and camp out i don't see any alternative!

As mentioned previously I would have been looking for a large number of self catering apartments similar to those in other towns Ive visited. Clearly thats not a viable option from your post so thank you for your reply.

As mentioned previously I would have been looking for a large number of self catering apartments similar to those in other towns Ive visited. Clearly thats not a viable option from your post so thank you for your reply.

Google "50 self catering apartments in Athlone" and see what you find.

Otherwise search a hotel. With 200 guests you are likely to get a great rate, particularly if you go for half or full board.

there's this http://www.killinure-chalets.com/ i'm not sure if they can cater for 200 people and it's a 10 minute drive from athlone town, but worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Unfortunately its in March, if you had it during the summer you'd be spoilt for choice around AIT. As it is there aren't really many holiday homes/villages around the town - so its hotels (of which there are heaps) or nothing to be honest.

Is there any particular reason why a hotel is not an option? As has been said above, 200 people would get a great rate!

• Advertisement

thanks. sure if it comes down to it it'll have to be a hotel i guess. thanks again!

students.....its a majority student based event. but i guess if i show up with massive damage deposits it mightnt be a huge issue. besides we wouldnt ven be there too long to do any damage....

just hit a few house parties in willow park and you won't be stuck for a place to stay :D

wesf wrote: »
    just hit a few house parties in willow park and you won't be stuck for a place to stay :D

haha probably not a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Pikey wedding?
    Constructive posts only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Checking the official tourism websites might be useful.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/

Advertisement