Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer clubs in Letterkenny

Options
  • 23-08-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I am interested in joining a soccer club. Is there any in the letterkenny area that would be suited for me. I have not played in a long time and I am in my mid 20's so wouldn't be able for a decent team. I'm looking to joing maybe a b or c team that would be more at my pace. Any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

I am interested in joining a soccer club. Is there any in the letterkenny area that would be suited for me. I have not played in a long time and I am in my mid 20's so wouldn't be able for a decent team. I'm looking to joing maybe a b or c team that would be more at my pace. Any info?
    I'm adding myself for this question. Slightly different : My boy is 10, loves soccer, used to play 3 times a week for 2 hours intensive trainings. Where can he join?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Letterkenny Rovers
    Bonagee Utd.
    Downtown Utd
    Glencar Celtic

The above would be the local teams and Id be fairly sure that LK rovers would have youth/under age teams and possibly Bonagee the same. I dont have any contact names or numbers but Im sure some of the LK locals here will know someone.

Within 10 minutes drive you have teams like Drumkeen Utd., Ramelton Mariners, Lagan Harps and Drumoghill. I know Drumkeen have different youth teams with lots of training and great facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Dont forget Boards.ie`s own 5-a-side astroturf games every tuesday night @8pm , we are always looking for new players - you can sign up here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056305829&page=38

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

joasia1973 wrote: »
    I'm adding myself for this question. Slightly different : My boy is 10, loves soccer, used to play 3 times a week for 2 hours intensive trainings. Where can he join?

In addition to oranbhoy's list, there's also Illistrin FC, check them out at illistrinfc.ie or on Facebook. I'm involved with this club, PM me if you need info.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 joasia1973

We chhose Bonagee for the moment. thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

joasia1973 wrote: »
    We chhose Bonagee for the moment. thanks for all your help.

My lad at Bonagee too and is happy there..

Advertisement