Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off car loan early

Options
  • 23-08-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering how do i go about paying off my car loan, i have 5 months payments remaining, and wish to clear it off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

airman737 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how do i go about paying off my car loan, i have 5 months payments remaining, and wish to clear it off?

Thanks
    Just ring them up and ask, though it's unlikeky you'll make a massive saving with only 5months left on it.

They'll give you a closing figure and you'll have a few days to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

Just ring them up and ask, though it's unlikeky you'll make a massive saving with only 5months left on it.

They'll give you a closing figure and you'll have a few days to pay it.

thanks

I'm paying it off before i apply for my mortgage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi airman737,

Thanks for your question.

You can get a closing balance for your car loan from a Customer Advisor in your local branch, or by contacting Banking 365's Loans Team on 1890 365100.

A closing balance is generally valid up until close of business, so you may need to call into a branch to arrange the transfer as this could not be requested by phone.

Hope this helps.
    Tara

Advertisement