Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange passion:Explorations in Irish post punk DIY and electronic music,1980,83.

Options
  • 23-08-2012 5:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had a listen to this?Theres some seriously good stuff on there and the most amazing thing is that a lot of the music on it has never been released till now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

Yeah I got this on Boomkat recently and it is a absolute killer! The Virgin Prunes track at the start I just wish would go on for 30 minutes and the two tracks after it 'Operating Theatre' and 'Stano', the Stano tune is brilliant, every track on it is brilliant really - PH Last Days - Major Thinkers Avenue B - the SM Corporation tunes - That Eighties Rampwalk tune........Its class to think there was poeple here making and creating this kind of music in Ireland back in the early 80's. Even though they didnt get released, all this music can stand the test of time. Brilliant music Compilation. Will not dissapoint.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I got this over the weekend and gave it a few spins. I'm blown away not just by the music itself, but also the fact that these are all Irish bands that have been practically forgotten about (apart from the Virgin Prunes of course). If anybody has any more information on these bands I'll be very interested. Some really great stuff on this compilation, in particular 'Just Friends' by Dogmatic Element, 'Austrian' by Operating Theatre and 'Avenue B' by Major Thinkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Hard to pick out a favourite track but i'm particulerly taken with Discoland by Tripper Humane.Amazing what you can do with a toy synth and some biscuit tins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

darkdubh wrote: »
    Hard to pick out a favourite track but i'm particulerly taken with Discoland by Tripper Humane.Amazing what you can do with a toy synth and some biscuit tins.
    The production is terrible on that track but despite that there's just something unforgettable about it. It's almost catchy in a way, especially the synth lines.

Advertisement