Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supercopa de España - SS2 - 2130

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Decent effort Ronaldo but never going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Apart from a few one-twos he was never really in the game,

But that is what he does,

Super free kick,

Very close from Ronaldo there!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Apart from a few one-twos he was never really in the game,

But that is what he does,

Super free kick,

Very close from Ronaldo there!!

But the whole barca team arent in the game. But his magic has kept them in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's probably the worst I've ever seen Barca play, porous wouldn't describe their defence in the first half. Makes the scoreline all the more incredible. Barca did do well tho for the last 15 minutes I thought, but I can't see any other result than a Real win, it would be awful bad if they were to go on and lose the tie from this position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just got sky sports in today thank god, some great football here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Some amazing football played by both sides on the last 15 mins of the 1st half and Messi is just Messi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

What were you thinking? You should have got it last week. You missed the 1st leg of this, and also liverpool n city, great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

A lot of Madrid attacks breaking down when De Maria gets the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

What a great save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ollie1 wrote: »
    What a great save

What a touch by Pedro more like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Modric on now for last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Marcelo should have shot there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is what football is all about, terrific game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wasn't entirely convinced but I now think Song will fit quite nicely into this Barca team. He played some nice intricate stuff there in the last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well Barca can only be kicking themselves. I forget they had ten men at times in that second half. 3 Gifts to Madrid. But that said, boy did Higuain squander some chances.

Song definitely looks a good fit offensively anyway at Barca, some really nice touches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Great start for Real Madrid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well done Madrid. You can have this trophy, but don’t expect Barcelona to give up the league as easy as that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Jernal wrote: »
    Well Barca can only be kicking themselves. I forget they had ten men at times in that second half. 3 Gifts to Madrid. But that said, boy did Higuain squander some chances.

Gifts of goals.
    Its the story of the square pegs in round holes,they just dont fit.
    They need to go out and buy a quality central defender and stop this nonsense of playing a midfielder at centre back.
    Its ok against weak opposition but you will get punished against quality attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well done Madrid :cool:

3 gift wrapped goals, not the best start by Barca. Masch was class tonight, apart from the little 'blip' in the first half. Barca could very easily have won that late on, why Montoya didn't shoot earlier I really don't know..

• Advertisement

Bullsh1t refereeing blowing up at 92:57 when the ball was dead for a little over 30 seconds after Messi's close shot in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Great start for Real Madrid!

Pity they're 5 points behind in the league though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Thats the stuff Jose me aul son, another trophy for the collection and more importantly keeps the aul jackboot firmly on the neck of the Barca upstarts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

No theatrics, no rash challeneges, no boiling over, just good football. Glad to see.................finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Vyse wrote: »
    No theatrics, no rash challeneges, no boiling over, just good football. Glad to see.................finally.

And guess who wins when the game is clean....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Pfft sky sports them streams are where its at, To bad im not into the illegal viewing of football matches!!

Vyse wrote: »

It is good but it goes to show that Real are very sore losers since they resort to thuggery when losing.

It is good but it goes to show that Real are very sore losers since they resort to thuggery when losing.

By that logic you could say that Barca only win when they're cheating...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

By that logic you could say that Barca only win when they're cheating...

Well, no you couldn't really.

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    Well, no you couldn't really.

Saying Barca can only beat Madrid by cheating is no more ludicrous than saying Madrid start kicking when they lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

And guess who wins when the game is clean....

Why the one upmanship??? It was a good game of football, no need for the little digs is there.

Saying Barca can only beat Madrid by cheating is no more ludicrous than saying Madrid start kicking when they lose.
    It's not, it's really not. Do we need a gif of Ramos' 'tackle' at the end of the manita? Don't recall any diving in that game from a Barca player.

bmcc10 wrote: »

Pfft sky sports them streams are where its at, To bad im not into the illegal viewing of football matches!!

My streaming days are over, gone are the days of the stream freezing just a player approaches the outside of the box. So much football :D
    Madrid deserved it tbh, amazing how barca play the exact same with a player less, brilliant game of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Madrid made that extremely hard on themselves. Really should have been 3, 4 or 5 up at half time. They had a chance to utterly embarrass their biggest rivals and squandered it.

Ronaldo is now tied for the record of most consecutive Classicos scored in.

THFC wrote: »
    It's not, it's really not. Do we need a gif of Ramos' 'tackle' at the end of the manita? Don't recall any diving in that game from a Barca player.

A sensible comment is that sometimes Barca have been known to dive and cheat in these games and sometimes Madrid cross the line into thuggish tackling and hacking.

• Advertisement

tolosenc wrote: »
    Ronaldo is now tied for the record of most consecutive Classicos scored in.

Big game bottler is all that fella is.

A sensible comment is that sometimes Barca have been known to dive and cheat in these games and sometimes Madrid cross the line into thuggish tackling and hacking.
    Surely you don't even believe that shíte? Barca are guilty of diving in these games, accepted, Real are guilty of diving, thuggish behaviour and negative football tactics. Even the manager resorts to physical abuse, the eye gouge is still fresh in the memory;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

My streaming days are over, gone are the days of the stream freezing just a player approaches the outside of the box. So much football :D
    Madrid deserved it tbh, amazing how barca play the exact same with a player less, brilliant game of football.

Ridicilous they are thought Song looked alright with Xavi and Iniesta for the short time he was on nice touches still dunno where hes expecting to play will probaly end up at CB.

Surely you don't even believe that shíte? Barca are guilty of diving in these games, accepted, Real are guilty of diving, thuggish behaviour and negative football tactics. Even the manager resorts to physical abuse, the eye gouge is still fresh in the memory;)

Both sides are as bad as each other and bring out the worst in the other.

Great to see Madrid come out on top again though, apparently Jose was extremely anxious that they continue this little stranglehold over them they've gained recently. Long may it continue.

Barca looked septic at the back, Mascherano in particular was cat. They'll need to shore things up big time if they're to win anything this year.

bmcc10 wrote: »

Ridicilous they are thought Song looked alright with Xavi and Iniesta for the short time he was on nice touches still dunno where hes expecting to play will probaly end up at CB.

His touch and flick to messi for his scuffed shot near the end was lovely.

• Advertisement

Great to see Madrid come out on top again though, apparently Jose was extremely anxious that they continue this little stranglehold over them they've gained recently. Long may it continue.

Barca looked septic at the back, Mascherano in particular was cat. They'll need to shore things up big time if they're to win anything this year.

Masch was cat at the back? Seriously? Or is that only because he was a liverpool player? Granted he made a howler for the first goal but after that he was brilliant I though, made some great interceptions and great passes forward. One of barcas better players I thought..

Masch was cat at the back? Seriously? Or is that only because he was a liverpool player? Granted he made a howler for the first goal but after that he was brilliant I though, made some great interceptions and great passes forward. One of barcas better players I thought..
    Well making a massive howler to give a goal away alone counts as being cat! I thought he was shaky throughout especially in the immediate aftermath of the goal when he was booked.

Thought Masch was one of the best players on the pitch, made one early mistake which is all some people will be able to appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

They hardly have a "stranglehold", in the 5 matches played in 2012 Barca and Real have each won 2 with 1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The Valdes mistake in the first leg comes back to cost barca

Tox56 wrote: »
    They hardly have a "stranglehold", in the 5 matches played in 2012 Barca and Real have each won 2 with 1 draw.

Took the league. Took the Super Cup. Trophies baby. Jose wants them all. I did call it a little stranglehold, no ones saying they're beating them every time out.

The Valdes mistake in the first leg comes back to cost barca

Poor for the second goal as well. Has to be doing better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Poor for the second goal as well. Has to be doing better than that.

Pique could have done better as well. Hes been off form for a while now hasn't he or is it just every time I happen to see him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pique could have done better as well. Hes been off form for a while now hasn't he or is it just every time I happen to see him

I don't think Pique is all that great a defender. He has the physique and is great with the ball at his feet but he tends to have a lack of pace and can get caught under the ball with bad judgement quite a lot. He probably hasn't really had to do much defending the past couple of years and now that Barca look a bit more shaky it is starting to stand out. He is obviously not bad by any means but a lot of people have and still do rate him as a top tier defender which I'm not sure he is. But then I suppose his trophy cabinet probably makes up for my disparaging words :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Thought Masch was one of the best players on the pitch, made one early mistake which is all some people will be able to appreciate.

In all honesty, over the two legs, his long balls over the top were when Barca looked their most threatening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement