Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MDF Drillers (Screws)

Options
  • 23-08-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I live in North Clare and am looking to purchase 3x25mm MDF Drillers. Does anyone know who stocks these? I think Perenco in Dublin are the trade outlet, but I'm still waiting for a reply from them on where to get them....:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Have you tried any hardware shops? Not the likes of woodies and that proper builders hardware shops. They should have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

puffbubble wrote: »
    I live in North Clare and am looking to purchase 3x25mm MDF Drillers. Does anyone know who stocks these? I think Perenco in Dublin are the trade outlet, but I'm still waiting for a reply from them on where to get them....:(

;) Educate us. Are they some kind of dedicated screw for MDF ? Most screws now have a full length thread. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 puffbubble

An MDF driller has a tip like a spear so you don't need to drill a pilot hole, the bottom of the thread nearest the spear tip is serrated which allows the screw to cut through the MDF without bulging which results in splitting and finally the head has milled ribs which allow it to be countersunk!

Perenco finally got back to me and as I'm overdue finishing the job I went with them, but thanks for your help!default.aspx&h=243&w=400&sz=32&tbnid=sNYysI6m9sL7AM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=122&zoom=1&usg=__WefADDIMRo2rZbmWyadjBMrELrg=&sa=X&ei=-co4UK3SHZCQhQeJsoDYDw&ved=0CCYQ9QEwAg&dur=473

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Reisser do the screws your on about. No need for pre drilling with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Predri my hole drill in the center and keep away from the edge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement