Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Oh God, not a 1st year student thread" thread

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Densino

We get the student I.D at the introduction days according to da info pack:)

Ahh.... probably should have read it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭infodox

Well ****, my fees have LEAPT from the standard 2.5 grand to 4 grand overnight. Fairly sure someone somewhere made a bollocks of something...

Anyone got any advice of who to complain/enquire to about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

When I tried to register I typed my ID and PIN on the login page but I was told that my PIN had expired and I should enter my new one but I only have the one that was given to me on the info pack.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Anybody know what I should do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

hiya, email the student finance email address on the website ,they are really quick at getting back and will give you a new number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭infodox

Your PIN expires on login to force you to change it. It is a security precautionn because basing PIN on Date of Birth is bloody stupid, ergo telling you to change it.

Then again, making the security question the month of birth is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

Registered, gonna pay the fees later when I get the cash =[

Looks like I'm moving up tomorrow now :)
    All sorted!

Out of interest when do we find out how to get our lecture timetables?

Hears6 wrote: »
    Out of interest when do we find out how to get our lecture timetables?

Lectures start on Monday, so I think they'll be given out in the induction lectures on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Densino wrote: »

Lectures start on Monday, so I think they'll be given out in the induction lectures on Thursday
    Exactly what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

Hey guys. If your applying for the grand do you click pay later or what when registering or do you still have to pay the fees for now ? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,236 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hey guys. If your applying for the granT do you click pay later or what when registering or do you still have to pay the fees for now ? thanks
    Pay later option. You then give the grants office your confirmation letter of receiving said grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Berniek1

Little confused on the pay later option. I selected pay later but then it says to come back later to complete registration. Does this mean Im still not registered for GMIT?

Having trouble paying online. Is anybody else getting the "payment unsuccessful" error?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deerpilgrim

is anyone going to the fresher's welcome night??

Whats the story with the wifi? How do we connect to it? And is there computers in GMIT that we can use to check emails and stuff?

Whats the story with the wifi? How do we connect to it? And is there computers in GMIT that we can use to check emails and stuff?

Go in to the library, and go down the stairs iside the doors....the IT centre is down there and they give you s password at the help desk, lots of computers to use down there aswell

Anyone get the payment unsucessful error? if so how did ye fix it?

Do first years have to do pass?

It's recommended but last year I went to one and never went again. Go once and you'll know whether or not to go in again is my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

We were told you had to go to at least three, I have my three done, not going back!

Thanks for the replies. I haven't went yet, I don't even have it on my timetable so I don't think I'll bother going :P

Also does anybody know how long we get off for Halloween?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Thanks for the replies. I haven't went yet, I don't even have it on my timetable so I don't think I'll bother going :P

Also does anybody know how long we get off for Halloween?

The Monday of that week is a bank holiday, so not in that day obviously.... I think I only have Tuesday off! :(

Whats the story with the grant? Did anybody get it yet?

Takes a while for 1st years to get confirmation of the grant. Didn't find out myself till near enough to Christmas. Call into the grants office (Down by the side entrance).

Advertisement