Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ash Park and Ride

Options
  • 23-08-2012 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi all, just a few questions about the service, i know its €5 for a car and that includes the bus fare but what about passengers in the cars? Are they included in the €5? There is ticket barriers at the entrance of the car park, you get your ticket but where do you pay for it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

You pay in the shelter. At the pay point you are asked to select how many passengers you have, but it doesn't have an effect on the price(I assume its just for internal stats).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

You pay in the shelter. At the pay point you are asked to select how many passengers you have, but it doesn't have an effect on the price(I assume its just for internal stats).

Would the fact that passengers go free be a big incentive as to why you go or would it mainly be for convenience?

corkoian wrote: »
    Would the fact that passengers go free be a big incentive as to why you go or would it mainly be for convenience?

I was wondering what your angle was until I saw your other thread. I assume you are looking at trying to open a private P&R service?

To be honest, I rarely use the Blackash service. I'm a UCC student and we have our own free P&R service to the college. From college I'm a ten minute walk from the city, and if I ever need to go into the city when not in college, I'm rarely in for long so it's cheaper to get on street parking.

To try and answer your question though, free passengers is only an incentive if everyone was originally using public transport to make the journey. No matter where you park, passengers will always be free. Where the park and ride service wins is making it hassle free and cheaper. Blackash, in my experience, and from what I have heard has this down. I have never seen there to be a lack of parking spaces, and there are buses every fifteen minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

I was wondering what your angle was until I saw your other thread. I assume you are looking at trying to open a private P&R service?

To be honest, I rarely use the Blackash service. I'm a UCC student and we have our own free P&R service to the college. From college I'm a ten minute walk from the city, and if I ever need to go into the city when not in college, I'm rarely in for long so it's cheaper to get on street parking.

To try and answer your question though, free passengers is only an incentive if everyone was originally using public transport to make the journey. No matter where you park, passengers will always be free. Where the park and ride service wins is making it hassle free and cheaper. Blackash, in my experience, and from what I have heard has this down. I have never seen there to be a lack of parking spaces, and there are buses every fifteen minutes.

You caught me :rolleyes: Is the UCC one an official P+R or is it just somewhere that you can park your car and nothing its said and head into town?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

• Advertisement

I didn't see it mentioned on the page, but for what it's worth the UCC P&R bus collects passengers from Blackash too, after about 9.30am. Goes to Blackash first, then Pouladuff, then campus. Driver stamps the ticket from P&R and the stamped ticket can be exchanged at the desk in the shelter for a validated one.

Advertisement