Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi I have a 4 and a half month old baby and I'm just looking for some opinions about feeding.

I give him a 9 ounce bottle and then his solid food straight after, is this too much food at the same time, should i give him a bottle then wait a couple of hours to give him some solids????

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

All babies have different appetites. Even the same baby has a different appetite from day to day. That is more than mine would take at that age, but I wouldn't think it's a problem unless there is something wrong. Why are you asking I wonder. Are they spitting up, or having a sore tummy?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

No there's nothing wrong he loves his food lol, it's just my first baby and I wasnt sure if it was too much food thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Hi, I was more inclined with my three to give some solid food first then bottle... I found this helped later on in introducting new foods etc.

For the best way, you should try all ways and see which baby prefers... though 4 and half months is still very young so dont introduce to many new solids as it can be better later when intestines are more developed.. I used to give a little rice etc. Then bottle, and I could easily judge if baby was eating enough solids by milk intake. Trial and error x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

my daughter is 19 weeks and like you i was pretty clueless to this weaning this as im also a first timer.
    she is also a big eater.
    what works for us is as follows..
    up around 7.30 and drinks about 5oz.
    10ish is baby rice and puree apple (won't eat plain rice..she has my fussiNess)
    she then drinks about 5oz after bottle and sleeps maybe an hour.
    however.. she has around 8oz around 2pm
    dinner of carrot and spuds around 6ish.
    6oz after.
    then about 9oz before bed at ten.

i myself though two feeds and five bottles was alot but its what she wants and she's the happiest little dude. so if your baby wants eats and enjoys what he is getting.. then be happy :)

an awful lot to be said for a content bambino :)

Advertisement