Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your height/ideal height?

• 23-08-2012 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Im 5"11/ 1.80 cm. Its not too tall, not too small about the average for a guy so Im happy enough with that, although Id prefer to be maybe an inch or two taller. We all know size matters but what about height?,Are you happy with your height or is it a big deal and what would your ideal height be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I wish I was a little bit taller

I wish I was a baller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm just a shade under 6'1"
    I'm happy enough.
    Wouldn't mind an extra few inches.................but then who wouldn't!! Amirite??!!

No?

Just me then?

Ok i'll leave....... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'm almost 6ft :(

I'd love to be 5'2''. I love big tall guys, if I was 5'2'' and he was 6'2'' that would be amazing. He could throw me around to place and he'd have to bend down to kiss me.

Only one guy has ever had to bend down to kiss me. He was 6'4'' and you don't see that every day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm 6 foot. don't think I'd change it for the world ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm five foot four and three quarters! :cool:

Pretty average for a girl I'd say. Wouldn't mind being a wee bit taller, so I could reach more stuff high up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

mauzo wrote: »

I'd love to be 5'2''. I love big tall guys, if I was 5'2'' and he was 6'2'' that would be amazing. He could throw me around to place and he'd have to bend down to kiss me.

Only one guy has ever had to bend down to kiss me. He was 6'4'' and you don't see that every day :(

Just walk around on your knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm 6ft 2" and pretty happy with it tbh. I like being tall.

When it said ideal height I thought you meant ideal height in a partner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I'm 6ft. I'd say my ideal height would be 6'2 but I'm happy enough with what I have.
    I'm still growing pretty fast as it is though so hopefully I might just scrape it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm 6'0. I'd like to be 6'1. Anything more would be too awkward and considering I can't seem to put on weight I'll only end up with the figure of Ryan Tubridy.

I'm five foot four and three quarters! :cool:

Pretty average for a girl I'd say. Wouldn't mind being a wee bit taller, so I could reach more stuff high up!

I'm asked at least once a week to reach something for a small person :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

6ft 3 and skinny, any taller and I'm in Peter Crouch land so I'm good thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm 6'2 and a slim 17 6
    If I was 6'4 and 18 I'd be delighted but as it is I'm defiantly bigger than most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I'm 6'4 and I can't remember the last time I weighed myself. A bit under 16 stone now I reckon. Slightly overweight atm but I'm burning it fast on a good diet & exercise plan.

Reckon if I cut 5% body fat I'll be at my ideal weight, shouldn't take long. I like my height as it is, so do girls... sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I'm small. Five foot four.
    I'm usually the girl who's forehead hits your elbow trying to make my way to the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I'm 6'4 and I can't remember the last time I weighed myself. A bit under 16 stone now I reckon. Slightly overweight atm but I'm burning it fast on a good diet & exercise plan.

Reckon if I cut 5% body fat I'll be at my ideal weight, shouldn't take long. I like my height as it is, so do girls... sometimes!

I can't reccomend stronglifts 5x5 enough for you
    Changed my life

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The Longfellow

6'5.5 and 13.5 stone... Mr. Beanpole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm 5'10. I'd like to be a couple of inches taller but probably best that I'm not bacause my girlfriend is only 5'3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm 5 foot nine , perfect height for mrs Mattjack when she throws a hook at me..........she's 5 foot 3.

I'm surprised I haven't developed a hunch at this stage. I usually find myself going out with tiny girls... I look like their minder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'm 6'5 and I'm pretty happy with it most of the time.

Except when it's trouser buying time.

(and for the girls that like tall guys, I'm only just above average in Holland)

oh and just over 12.5 stone.

I respond to lanky git (not always well though)

• Advertisement

Hmmm..the taller lads are getting all the attention. Better buy a load of HGH online and get started on reaching my goal while I'm still growing if that's the case! :D

Tigger wrote: »
    I can't reccomend stronglifts 5x5 enough for you
    Changed my life

Don't have weights or a bag where I'm living now so I have to do it old school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'm 11 feet tall on my high horse.

Would love to be a foot taller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm surprised I haven't developed a hunch at this stage. I usually find myself going out with tiny girls... I look like their minder...

Likewise. Have no idea why, but I would say the majority of women I've been with have been under 5'7" or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Knex. wrote: »
    Likewise. Have no idea why, but I would say the majority of women I've been with have been under 5'7" or so.

me too, had a girlfriend that was 5'4....we got a lot of funny looks when we were out together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

6' 3" I stopped growing at the right time I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I am 5ft square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

My da saw the neighbours son had grown a bit more, jeez he's a terrible height he must be 6ft6 he said.

I'm 6ft1 and my gf is 6ft, I wonder will our children be really tall. My da will say they are a terrible height :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

realies wrote: »
    I am 5ft square.
    Wow a talkin square!
    :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'm 6'4" and somtimes it would be nice to be 5'11"- hard on the back when working, good most of the time though. I've one lad works for me who's 6'7" - that's a bit much but he's good for reaching stuff(he's also built like the proverbial brick s-house). Another lad I employ is literally 5' wide, his arms are like my legs, but he does a few hours in the gym every day- that I'd like, absolutely no-one even argues with him, ever. You just take one look and go "naah". I'm no weed, I'm 100kg, but I feel like a stick when I walk beside him.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

5'7

Would like to be around the 6 mark but at my age is that asking too much? Do you genuinely stop growing or are there ways around it??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

I'm 5-7...and my other half is 6-1.
    Perfect height for me..i think...although i wouldn't mind being a little taller!

Have never dated someone smaller than me...despite hearing plenty of times...we are all the same lying down :D

Jay D wrote: »
    5'7

Would like to be around the 6 mark but at my age is that asking too much? Do you genuinely stop growing or are there ways around it??

Depends on when your growth plates fuse but you'll be slowing down the growth from 18/19 onwards until you're in your early 20s. Really does depend on the person because you could stop growing before you're 18 or steadily but slowly keep going for another while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

5" 9 here. I'd like to be taller and thinner...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Well I'm 5"6, that would be short for a guy. Wish I was taller. 5"9 would do.

No tall people in my family, I think the tallest person in my family is like 5"9.

Shorter people are meant to live longer apparently, tall people more often than not are more prone to heart or circulation problems, so I read. Still wouldn't mind being 5"9 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

I'm only 5'2", 19. A girl, so it's not as bad...
    It'd be cool to be a few inches taller though. :)

Really took the biscuit when my little sister actually believed I'd grow a few inches on my birthday. :L

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Well I'm 5"6, that would be short for a guy. Wish I was taller. 5"9 would do.

No tall people in my family, I think the tallest person in my family is like 5"9.

Shorter people are meant to live longer apparently, tall people more often than not are more prone to heart or circulation problems, so I read. Still wouldn't mind being 5"9 though.

Same, no tall people in my family. My Mom and Dad are 5'6, my uncles aren't much taller either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

No you wouldn't....im 5'2 and its kinda awkward sometimes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

5"11. Well built too so it goes well with my height. Think this and 6 foot/6"1 are lovely heights tbh

If I had to choose ideal height in a partner anything between 5"5- 5"10 I guess...

5'3". I'm grand. No amount of considering what ideal height I'd like to be will change me being 5'3" so I honestly never thought about being anything else.

I bloody hate high heels though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I'm 5'10". I wouldn't mind being a couple of inches taller but it's not a big deal.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Same, no tall people in my family. My Mom and Dad are 5'6, my uncles aren't much taller either.

Well the women in my family are shorter, they vary between 5"2 and 5"4 I think. The men are all between 5"5 and 5"9.

Funny enough one of the taller people in my family my uncle John was a jockey is his youth, and he's like 5"9. Always thought jockeys had to be tiny, like our height or shorter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Im 5'5, would love longer legs but that's never going to happen! Ideal height in a partner would be 6'0 or over, I like tall men

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Well the women in my family are shorter, they vary between 5"2 and 5"4 I think. The men are all between 5"5 and 5"9.

Funny enough one of the taller people in my family my uncle John was a jockey is his youth, and he's like 5"9. Always thought jockeys had to be tiny, like our height or shorter!

Oh I'm not your height, I'm 6ft but was saying all my family are quite short too. Bit of a misunderstanding there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Inbox wrote: »
    My da saw the neighbours son had grown a bit more, jeez he's a terrible height he must be 6ft6 he said.

I'm 6ft1 and my gf is 6ft, I wonder will our children be really tall. My da will say they are a terrible height :(

More or less guaranteed. You're a little above average but your gf is extremely tall.

There's a rough rule of thumb to calculate likely height of kids. Take average height of parents and add 2.5 inches for boys, subtract 2.5 inches for girls.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Oh I'm not your height, I'm 6ft but was saying all my family are quite short too. Bit of a misunderstanding there :D

Oh I see, maybe you just have a genetic spike that made ya taller. I heard that some families get that, and manage to have one tall kid, and it can skip a generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

I have the inch where it matters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

6ft and love it. Just small enough so public transport and airplanes aren't hell but taller than most girls and above average among the lads. Great height for standing crowds like concerts or hill 16 but doesnt block peoples view in the cinema :L . Always wondered what life would be like as a tall guy or short guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

I'm 5'9" and overweight.

For my weight, my ideal height would be about 17'4"

:D

Nal wrote: »
    I have the inch where it matters...

Just the one?!

I think I've met you......

• Advertisement
Advertisement