Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your height/ideal height?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    More or less guaranteed. You're a little above average but your gf is extremely tall.

There's a rough rule of thumb to calculate likely height of kids. Take average height of parents and add 2.5 inches for boys, subtract 2.5 inches for girls.

I met her when she was sitting down :)

I never heard of that rule, its ok for boys to be taller than their dad but Ive been thinking if I had a daughter I'd give her some cigarettes when she's about 5ft10 to stunt her growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

5"9 either, not overweight...
    like my height...
    not taller than my boyfriend, when I wear heels
    don't look too small when I don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Inbox wrote: »
    I met her when she was sitting down :)

I never heard of that rule, its ok for boys to be taller than their dad but Ive been thinking if I had a daughter I'd give her some cigarettes when she's about 5ft10 to stunt her growth.

Maria Sharapova is 6"2 at least. her fiance is 6"7.

Can you imagine how bloody tall those kids will be??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Maria Sharapova is 6"2 at least. her fiance is 6"7.

Can you imagine how bloody tall those kids will be??? :D
    My eldest son's 6'2" - and he's only 15, that's scary.

Pottler wrote: »
    My eldest son's 6'2" - and he's only 15, that's scary.

He could well have stopped growing though. Many do around that age or even earlier! Is tallness commonplace in your family/your partners family?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

ManMade wrote: »
    6ft and love it. Just small enough so public transport and airplanes aren't hell but taller than most girls and above average among the lads. Great height for standing crowds like concerts or hill 16 but doesnt block peoples view in the cinema :L . Always wondered what life would be like as a tall guy or short guy

Awful for me at concerts, I'm 5"6 and spend most of the show on tippy toes. I do be cursing ye 6 footers. Only do it because I envy ye :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Oh I see, maybe you just have a genetic spike that made ya taller. I heard that some families get that, and manage to have one tall kid, and it can skip a generation.

It's strange though because most of my cousins would be average or above average height, again all coming from shorter genes ?

Anyway I won't question it! I'm grateful for my height but any guy would be a liar if he said he didn't want to be bigger :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Ideally people wanna be a few inches above the average, this first page here reads a lot like a "how well did you do in the leaving" thread i've seen on here.
    WumBuster wrote: »
    Im 5"11/ 1.80 cm.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm just a shade under 6'1"
    Links234 wrote: »
    I'm 6 foot.
    Knex. wrote: »
    I'm 6ft 2"
    1ZRed wrote: »
    I'm 6ft.
    TheComeUp wrote: »
    I'm 6'0. I'd like to be 6'1. .
    mauzo wrote: »
    I'm asked at least once a week to reach something for a small person :)
    6ft 3 and .
    Tigger wrote: »
    I'm 6'2
    I'm 6'4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

I'm 5'4 and I would love to be maybe 5'10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Rupert Everett is 6'4" but according to him, he was much shorter as a teen:

"My mum distorted my self-image by telling me I was really tall. I am now, but then I was really tiny. I was only 5'1" until I was 16. I spent most of my 20s bent double, leaning like a giant redwood that has just been felled, but now I'm standing up straighter."

What is average height in Ireland anyway. 5"10 men and 5"5 women I'm guessing?

In Holland it's 6"1 for men- tallest country in the world!

Imho (and no homo :P) very tall only looks good on a guy who's well built. Kind of like a back row rugby player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I'm below the average height for a woman in Ireland.
    I'm male.
    I'm also fairly fat.

Yet I'm a happy man.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    Rupert Everett is 6'4" but according to him, he was much shorter as a teen:

"My mum distorted my self-image by telling me I was really tall. I am now, but then I was really tiny. I was only 5'1" until I was 16. I spent most of my 20s bent double, leaning like a giant redwood that has just been felled, but now I'm standing up straighter."

The biggest load of bs I've ever ever heard he either meant 5"11 (still unlikely) or he is taking the absolute p1ss

It's strange though because most of my cousins would be average or above average height, again all coming from shorter genes ?

Anyway I won't question it! I'm grateful for my height but any guy would be a liar if he said he didn't want to be bigger :pac:

Oh yeah bigger is always better for us dudes. One of my old bosses from where I used to work was 7"2 to me that is freakishly tall. This was in a supermarket and anybody in the shop could spot him a mile away. All you could see is the head floating by the high shelving. Always thought he must be great for spotting shoplifters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ideally, I'd like to be 25 foot tall and roam the earth like Godzilla, knocking over buildings and standing on cars.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

Narcissistic tripe tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I'm nearly 5'4". I would like to be 5'7" but I'm not really too bothered.

I reached my full height/weight/chest size when I was 11. I was so out of place in 6th class and then most people overtook me in secondary school.

Narcissistic tripe tbh.

If the average height was 5'4 (for men), those that are ~5'8 would be proud of it and be the first to respond to this thread (such as the arrogant 6'+ men here thus far)

Likewise, if the average height was 6'4, the 5'10'-6'2 crowd would be insecure and wear elevator shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Never measured ,so not sure say im 6ft /6.1.
    In ireland my ideal would be 6.2
    In America maybe over 7 ft so i could play basketball in the nba:D
    Each Generation the average is getting bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colmdiniho

I'm 18 and almost 6"7. It's awesome :)

• Advertisement

pathtohome wrote: »
    Narcissistic tripe tbh.

If the average height was 5'4 (for men), those that are ~5'8 would be proud of it and be the first to respond to this thread (such as the arrogant 6'+ men here thus far)

Likewise, if the average height was 6'4, the 5'10'-6'2 crowd would be insecure and wear elevator shoes.

Are you insecure about your height? You seem very bitter about such a trivial topic.

I'm nearly 5'4". I would like to be 5'7" but I'm not really too bothered.

I reached my full height/weight/chest size when I was 11. I was so out of place in 6th class and then most people overtook me in secondary school.

Early bloomer you were :)....was weird for me too in a male perspective, when I got to 5th class there was a smig above my lip that I didn't shave off till near enough the end of 6th class :eek:

Narcissistic tripe tbh.

Calm down, will you? I'm tiny compared to most women and I'm in my early 20s and a man. If someone is tall, let them be happy with it. I'm happy enough being my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Narcissistic tripe tbh.

There are serious disadvantages of being too tall(harder to be a pilot,skillfull soccer player,F1 driver,low ceilings/doorways,jockey etc)

Are you insecure about your height? You seem very bitter about such a trivial topic.

I'm actually 6'3.

I was trying to make people see the delusion they're living under; thinking life is about being superior and special to others. This attitude only locks one in low level awareness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

6"2 (and a half:p)
    I had a very late growth spurt which was weird. I went from being almost the smallest in my class to one of the tallest over a Summer.
    Now I'm around 85KG it's fine. I'd hate to be overly skinny for my height.
    My ideal weight will be when I reach just over 15 stone :)

I'm actually 6'3.

I was trying to make people see the delusion they're living under; thinking life is about being superior and special to others. This attitude only locks one in low level awareness.

Noboy thinks they're superior.
    There are great advantages to being tall and small.
    Just like there are great disadvantages.

I really don't get you. Nobody acted like they're better than anoyne else so far.

Oh yeah bigger is always better for us dudes. One of my old bosses from where I used to work was 7"2 to me that is freakishly tall. This was in a supermarket and anybody in the shop could spot him a mile away. All you could see is the head floating by the high shelving. Always thought he must be great for spotting shoplifters!

7 ****in foot 2? :eek:!

That's way way too tall and not attractive IMO.

I think it gets very awkward once you start going over 6'4. 6'2 would be perfect to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm 5'2, I like being this height :)

Used to be goin out with a fella who was 6'7 years ago.

Early bloomer you were :)....was weird for me too in a male perspective, when I got to 5th class there was a smig above my lip that I didn't shave off till near enough the end of 6th class :eek:

Yeah trying to cover up the 34DDs when changing for PE was awkward when nobody else even had a bra! It did make me very self conscious for a long time after. And adults were the worst one for commenting!

• Advertisement

Yeah trying to cover up the 34DDs when changing for PE was awkward when nobody else even had a bra! It did make me very self conscious for a long time after. And adults were the worst one for commenting!

You were 11 with DD cups? :eek:

I'm actually 6'3.

You're a bundle of laughs.

6"2 (and a half:p)
    I had a very late growth spurt which was weird. I went from being almost the smallest in my class to one of the tallest over a Summer.
    Now I'm around 185KG it's fine. I'd hate to be overly skinny for my height.
    My ideal weight will be when I reach just over 15 stone :)

185kg?! :eek: I think you mean lbs Ted, otherwise I'd believe you if you said you were 6'2 in girth! :p

Yes - I was as developed then as I am now at nearly 30.

Is that your motorboating face?

you were 6'2 in girth! :p

He is where it counts ;)

Noboy thinks they're superior.
    There are great advantages to being tall and small.
    Just like there are great disadvantages.

I really don't get you. Nobody acted like they're better than anoyne else so far.

You don't get it. It's deeply linked into many things an individual does on a subconscious level. Ireland is a particularly narcissistic country.

Message boards should be purely for the free-flow of ideas and information. Too many people use them for ego boosts. There's never been a more prime example of this than this board.

*puts on motorboating face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm just over 6'1, just over 14 st. Need to loooose a few pounds.

• Advertisement

I thought I was impressive having to shave at 12. Now I feel like a child next to you :o
    It's also my "I'm gonna chat up an 11 year old face" (sorry) :P

You don't get it. It's deeply linked into many things an individual does on a subconscious level. Ireland is a particularly narcissistic country.

Message boards should be purely for the free-flow of ideas and information. Too many people use them for ego boosts. There's never been a more prime example of this than this board.

I think you're in the wrong place.

What? The only thing I understand about being so small is "I can't reach that high shelf, I'll ask someone taller to do it for me". That's about it that I've had to do based on my height.

185kg?! :eek: I think you mean lbs Ted, otherwise I'd believe you if you said you were 6'2 in girth! :p
    Haha, yea I mean 85Kg.
    I was going to write it in lbs first and then wrote it in Kg.
    Weighed myself their now again, 85.6Kg.

He is where it counts ;)

Dirty bastard! Girth doesn't always have to be about cock size you know :P

I think you're in the wrong place.

The distortion will be over soon; people are starting to wake up out of this trance worldwide. I think Ireland will be the slowest country to shift into the new awareness.

• Advertisement

7 ****in foot 2? :eek:!

That's way way too tall and not attractive IMO.

I think it gets very awkward once you start going over 6'4. 6'2 would be perfect to me.

Yeah I swear, he was a big thin man like a stick insect sort of, he totally stood out towards anyone else in the shop, he just towered over everybody down there.

It used to be really funny working there as I worked with some family members in the shop and some of my family are like 5"2 and watching them trying to keep up with the 7 footer was hilarious, he'd walk around at his normal pace while anyone that was 5"2ish had to nearly jog to keep up with him! Yeah you are right being too tall might have some disadvantages like say going clothes shopping or something, ya'd never find anything to fit.

So you're saying that people only post here to stroke their own egos?

Well, thanks for pointing that out to us, Mr. I'm 6ft 3 inches tall.

I'm just over 6'1, just over 14 st. Need to loooose a few pounds.
    Would you stop. I think you look sexy just the way you are.

*puts on motorboating face*

I had to google that :o:eek:
    The distortion will be over soon; people are starting to wake up out of this trance worldwide. I think Ireland will be the slowest country to shift into the new awareness.

Perhaps Conspiracy Theories would be more to your liking.

Dirty bastard! Girth doesn't always have to be about cock size you know :P

As a man, my first concern is always "is my cock better than his". So mine is roughly 300KM around, for the ladies info of course :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement