Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your height/ideal height?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

What? The only thing I understand about being so small is "I can't reach that high shelf, I'll ask someone taller to do it for me". That's about it that I've had to do based on my height.

I read that as 'I can't reach the higher self' and I was about to reply to you how admitting it's the first step, but now I see it was more abstractions and non-sense and not any real insight or truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

pathtohome wrote: »
    The distortion will be over soon; people are starting to wake up out of this trance worldwide. I think Ireland will be the slowest country to shift into the new awareness.

I really think you should have taken your meds today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The distortion will be over soon; people are starting to wake up out of this trance worldwide. I think Ireland will be the slowest country to shift into the new awareness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I read that as 'I can't reach that higher self' and I thought to myself admitting it's the first step, but now I see it was more abstractions and non-sense and not any real insight or truth.

Er, right. Now I think you're talking bollocks. And I don't mean that in a bad way but I really don't see the point of anything you're saying. I get you're trying to sound smart and all but I really have no clue what you're saying at all. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

As a man, my first concern is always "is my cock better than his". So mine is roughly 300KM around, for the ladies info of course :D

Alright.. Good luck having a pull never mind a fuck if that's the case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Er, right. Now I think you're talking bollocks. And I don't mean that in a bad way but I really don't see the point of anything you're saying. I get you're trying to sound smart and all but I really have no clue what you're saying at all. :confused:

He's trying to say that he likes to touch himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Tigger wrote: »
    I'm 6'2 and a slim 17 6
    If I was 6'4 and 18 I'd be delighted but as it is I'm defiantly bigger than most

17 stone 6? If you are you're definitely not slim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

height is so last year

this year its girth that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Over in Conspiracy Theories board: North Korean leader rounded up "short" people in the capital and had them shipped off!!!

Not sure what the height limit was;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056733086

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Inbox wrote: »
    I met her when she was sitting down :)

I never heard of that rule, its ok for boys to be taller than their dad but Ive been thinking if I had a daughter I'd give her some cigarettes when she's about 5ft10 to stunt her growth.

when I was 16 and it was looking like I was heading for 7 foot the docs mentioned putting me on birthcontrol pills to stop my growth.

thank god I stopped growing, being tall and skinny at that age was akward enough, never mind having hormone induced moobs on top of it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭pathtohome

You've been conditioned from the time you were born, all you know is conditioning, conditioning and more conditioning. You've forgotten your true nature and you've replaced it with superficiality. I feel sorry for you as I know it wasn't your fault. The trance is getting deeper, but there are many who're awakening. You have a section of society, albeit a small one, awakening to their true nature. On the other hand you have a vast section going deeper and deeper into the unconscious, this board is filled to the top with the second section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Ya being too tall is definitely not a good thing, see this guy

1ZRed wrote: »
    Alright.. Good luck having a pull never mind a fuck if that's the case!

To quote Bart Simpson when he was imagined as a stripper called Bang Bang Bart and a woman called out "you're fat!": just more of me to love, honey. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Yeah trying to cover up the 34DDs when changing for PE was awkward when nobody else even had a bra! It did make me very self conscious for a long time after. And adults were the worst one for commenting!

Ah sure everybody had insecurities in school, when I got to secondary school I had problem with changing too, I had abnormally hairy legs for a teenaged lad, like I'm talking at age 14. Used to be embarrassed about it as everyone else had hairless legs and they had for most of secondary school. Often told I got Italian footballers legs haha

Haha, yea I mean 85Kg.
    I was going to write it in lbs first and then wrote it in Kg.
    Weighed myself their now again, 85.6Kg.

I had to google that, turns out you would have been a 400 lb tank, or tub depending :D

I'm like a light weight compared to you at about 12 stone. I'd better hit the weights!

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Ah sure everybody had insecurities in school, when I got to secondary school I had problem with changing too, I had abnormally hairy legs for a teenaged lad, like I'm talking at age 14. Used to be embarrassed about it as everyone else had hairless legs and they had for most of secondary school. Often told I got Italian footballers legs haha

It's weird. I was the same way. Bit off topic but feck it, won't be too much of an issue :P
    I was (and still am) really hairy and what was weird was I was embarrassed even though the lads were impressed (best way to put it really).

Weird how you can be self-concious over the strangest things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

I think you're in the wrong place.

You sound like a bag of laughs.Anyhow you sound very like a narcissist coming here to point out peoples super ego like it makes you superior having a sh1t ego. I call troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Ya bunch of long lanky bastãrds in this thread.

I'm a shade under 5"8 ... Just under average height for a man I'd say. I'd like to be 6ft or thereabouts.... But I'm guessing that at 31 years old, that growth spurt may not be arriving.

Ya bunch of long lanky bastãrds in this thread.

I'm a shade under 5"8 ... Just under average height for a man I'd say. I'd like to be 6ft or thereabouts.... But I'm guessing that at 31 years old, that growth spurt may not be arriving.

Well I'm about 5'2... wanna put me on the shoulders and we'll be a tall man? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

My femur and tibia are slightly longer than the average for this country. It's great be above average in something.

I was saddened to read this though

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/07/21/height-cancer-risk.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chuthlu

I'm 6ft5, tower over most people I meet. Funny though I don't see myself as been tall, well that is until I see pictures of myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭goulders

6ft 9, I have thing called marfans,,
    Not as big a problem as it used to be,
    Clothes, shoes etc now more widely available

Great being Tall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

5'6", fairly average for a girl. Wouldn't have minded being slightly taller tbh, or at least to have longer legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

It's weird. I was the same way. Bit off topic but feck it, won't be too much of an issue :P
    I was (and still am) really hairy and what was weird was I was embarrassed even though the lads were impressed (best way to put it really).

Weird how you can be self-concious over the strangest things.

The many times I did have to change in school, strange enough the piss wasn't taken out of me over it. And in my secondary school which was sort of like episodes of "The Inbetweeners" I was expecting a slagging but oh well. Don't see the point in shaving body hair, just grows back longer and thicker, don't want to go down that Robin Williams road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

6'4" and medium to strong build. I used to be about 20st but down to 13.5st ish. I wouldn't mind being a little shorter like maybe 6'1". Never found my height an advantage with the ladies. The ladies in Nepal were tiny but LOVED my height...

My sister is 6'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

I'm 5'8" I like my height.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

lotta lies on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Feck off with your imperial shitology.
    190.5 cm :cool:

I've had intermittent problem with torn cartilage in both my knees and I'm not even that tall. I'd say I'd have had both my legs amputated at this stage if I was 6ft6.

6ft3 will do grand thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Gbear wrote: »
    Feck off with your imperial

193cm

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    The many times I did have to change in school, strange enough the piss wasn't taken out of me over it. And in my secondary school which was sort of like episodes of "The Inbetweeners" I was expecting a slagging but oh well. Don't see the point in shaving body hair, just grows back longer and thicker, don't want to go down that Robin Williams road!

That's only a myth man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

ManMade wrote: »
    You sound like a bag of laughs.Anyhow you sound very like a narcissist coming here to point out peoples super ego like it makes you superior having a sh1t ego. I call troll
    I think the guy has a point it's fairly straight forward question yet most posters are over 6 foot, it's quiet subtle but it seems that taller people are somewhat proud of being so.

Nothing wrong with it, you guys should say it loud " I'M TALL AND IM PROUD TO BE TALL", people don't really say that though cos it makes them sound a little shallow, so what you should be really saying is "I'M EMBARRASSED THAT I'M PROUD I'M TALL"and because you're embarrassed it means thatyou're not that shallow after all.

or maybe i've overtought the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I love little girls...

NO WAIT!

I meant short and slim... short and slim...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

6'4 and about 10.5 stone. I'm terribly lanky.
    I like tall girls, between 5'10 and 6'2 ideally.

I've noticed that a lot of guy that are very tall and 6"2+ can often be lanky. Makes me wonder if women would like a stronger built guy who was a bit shorter or a taller man who was lanky?

And for all the guys who are that height or taller and built solid, fuck ye anyway! :D

fuck ye

I'm sure that's your plan. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Currently about 5300ft, prefer to be up around 7000ft as it is cooler in summer, but more snow to shovel. Sea level sucks to be honest, far too much rain...oh, wait...you mean my height.

Thread disappoints.

I'm sure that's your plan. :p

Haha You're always such a fucking sharp one always playing that card! :p

I've noticed that a lot of guy that are very tall and 6"2+.
    yeah. in their (wet) dreams.

ah the net, tis grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

ArtSmart wrote: »

ah the net, tis grand

You're welcome to come measure me.

I'm 6 foot 1 in bare feet. Could do with losing a stone or 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You're welcome to come measure me.

I am 6'4 and that's no lie.
    It's the people who claim to be 6' exactly we can be skeptical about:P

ArtSmart wrote: »

ah the net, tis grand

You seem to be doubting that a lot of guys are that tall these days. In fairness 6ft is not uncommon anymore, the lads above that are the new "6ft" if you get me.

Eathrin wrote: »

Oh, of course!

"I'm 6'". "I'm 5'2". "no you're not, you have to be taller if I'm 6'!" "But I am only 5'2, why would I lie?" "SHUT UP! I'M SIX FOOT I TELL YOU!"

Eathrin wrote: »

I'm not 6' level, more creeping towards 6'1 but I think it's a bit thick to be going around saying "I'm 6' and half an inch tall" when asked :pac:

You seem to be doubting that a lot of guys are that tall these days. In fairness 6ft is not uncommon anymore, the lads above that are the new "6ft" if you get me.
    perhaps. long at they're taking their foot ware off before the tape comes out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm 6' 3", and I like being tall! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I've noticed that a lot of guy that are very tall and 6"2+ can often be lanky. Makes me wonder if women would like a stronger built guy who was a bit shorter or a taller man who was lanky?

And for all the guys who are that height or taller and built solid, fuck ye anyway! :D

I'd be in the latter category there. I'm a cm under 6'2 I think, probably should just say 6'2 to make it sound better :pac: but I have very broad shoulders so it would be pretty hard to achieve that lanky look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ted!

2ft 7" and not looking at your funny business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

between 5'5"-5'6" guy..... 166 cms

With a 5'7" dad and a 4'11" mum, I was never going to be tall. Obviously I wish I was taller, but I don't let it get to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I sometimes ask particularly tall people I meet how tall they are, so I can say "Ah, just under two metres then?" if they reply 6'6" :D

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement