Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Stone

Options
  • 23-08-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I recently had a steak on a hot stone in a restaurant and was wondering does anyone know where I could buy these hot stones to cook at home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

They maybe the same as a pizza stone. Any large terracotta tile should suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

There's an english company called Steak Stones that makes them, they're seriously expensive though, I suppose a pizza stone may do a good job at it

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

you could just get a nice flat bit of limestone leave it on your bbq or inside a chiminee to heat up and use that as your stone as a cheaper alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Traditional Stone Crafts

lookitsme wrote: »
    you could just get a nice flat bit of limestone leave it on your bbq or inside a chiminee to heat up and use that as your stone as a cheaper alternative

I would recommend to go into any headstone company, ask if they would sell you a small scrap of stone, an excuse could be samples for your new kitchen (they might give it for free to ya). Look through a skip or pile, pick the one you like, pay no more than 20 euro for a 1x1 ft. size of granite (if you lucky, you could find a piece that will match your worktops) cut any damaged area off, clean it and enjoy your stake ;)

Good luck!

Advertisement