Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather For Next Week?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads.

Is it too early to ask for the weather for the tralee area from next wednesday? myself, the wife and our son are heading down for a week so we will be out doors quite a bit

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hi lads.

Is it too early to ask for the weather for the tralee area from next wednesday? myself, the wife and our son are heading down for a week so we will be out doors quite a bit

thanks
    Unsettled !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hopefulaplican

Hi lads.

thanks

Well for some, being flush with cash... Then boasting about it online. Then have the cheek to complain about the weather. What about the 95% of people in this country who can't afford to eat thanks To the like of you throwing money around like there 's no tomorrow on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Well for some, being flush with cash... Then boasting about it online. Then have the cheek to complain about the weather. What about the 95% of people in this country who can't afford to eat thanks To the like of you throwing money around like there 's no tomorrow on holidays.

lol wut?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks crap at best. There's no glimmer of hope in the long term either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Wednesday itself looks poor but for the moment at least, it looks like a ridge of high pressure will nearby from next Thursday/Friday onwards. If all goes to plan and it pushes far enough north then you should see some good warm and settled weather. Rainfall & sunshine are near impossible to predict at that distance but its not looking cold at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

What about the 95% of people in this country who can't afford to eat thanks To the like of you throwing money around like there 's no tomorrow on holidays.

How do you come to the conclusion that a man bringing his wife and son on a short break to Kerry is the cause of 95% of the population not being able to eat properly? :confused: This equation has me truly perplexed! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

hopefulaplican banned for 1 week for making similar comment this month. Already received warning about this and so has Ignored Mod Instruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

How do you come to the conclusion that a man bringing his wife and son on a short break to Kerry is the cause of 95% of the population not being able to eat properly? :confused: This equation has me truly perplexed! :confused:

I think it's an attempt at humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

At least the family are spending their money in the local economy .

Tralee has the usual sunny spells and scattered showers next week . Make the best of it.

Use the Aquadome on wet days :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

I'm no expert or professional on this so these comments are just my own best guess but after looking at the ECMWF site, there are good signs that up to Wednesday the weather will be generally unsettled, but thereafter from Thursday and maybe for a good few days that high pressure may develop and lead to sustained sunny and dry periods.

This fits 100% with the theory that as soon as the younger folk start having to go back to school that the weather gets much better after a bad summer.
    This seems to be the case this year.
    Possibly even deserves a thread on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Timmyboy wrote: »
    I'm no expert or professional on this so these comments are just my own best guess but after looking at the ECMWF site, there are good signs that up to Wednesday the weather will be generally unsettled, but thereafter from Thursday and maybe for a good few days that high pressure may develop and lead to sustained sunny and dry periods.

This fits 100% with the theory that as soon as the younger folk start having to go back to school that the weather gets much better after a bad summer.

Last night GFS were showing similar from after the middle of next week. Today it seems to be delaying the high moving in for a few days, but if it plays out anything like shown we could have calm, mostly sunny weather next weekend with temps gradually increasing into the mid-20's over the following days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Timmyboy wrote: »

The autumn 2012 thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    I think it's an attempt at humour.

I imagine the offending post is another example of the current boards.ie meme doing the rounds at the moment. Kinda like the 'Your ma' thing or 'Blast it with P***' boards meme. The current thing is to berate the OP no matter what the subject for showing off while we all starve. "Anyone know where to get a replacement window motor for an A3?" Someone will post, "Thinly veiled boast that you own an Audi, while we all starve" or "I arrived home from work and found someone elses wheely bin in my Garden..." "Thinly veiled boast that you own a house while we all starve...." etc etc

In terms of next weeks weather. I've consulted my School Term, Astronomical and outdoor festival/gig almanac and I see the schools are back next week. Thus my forecast is for blazing sunshine and high temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks crap at best. There's no glimmer of hope in the long term either. :(

How about Friday for my wedding boss ;) Might we get a few outdoor photographs or are we fecked ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its looking increasingly promising for a fine end of week, weekend and early next week. But then the GSF always make one think that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thanks folks. i think a bbq on banna beach is the way forward next sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

mike65 wrote: »
    Its looking increasingly promising for a fine end of week, weekend and early next week. But then the GSF always make one think that :(

May be different this time. Both the 12Z ECMWF and UKMO runs show high pressure attempting to build towards Ireland and the UK for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Possibility of an Indian Summer from Saturday 1st September? I use the term Indian Summer loosely as it normally refers to unusually sunny and warm conditions long after Summer proper has ended and after we've experienced our first frost of the season, but it's what we in Ireland have been hoping for and the establishment of the Azores HPZ may last for weeks...hopefully!

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Cork/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Meh, I'm dubious, the highs never build up from the south west like that except for a day or two at a time if we're lucky. Not gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It is happening, it's now a certainty.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80422471

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still a good chance we'll be stuck on the northern flank of the high though which could mean rain and low cloud while south east England basks in sunshine. Nothing is ever certain with calling good weather in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

It is happening, it's now a certainty.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80422471

honestly, I hope you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Looking good from Thursday on according to M.E.

Friday & Weekend: More settled weather will develop from the south during Friday and over the weekend. Many areas will be dry with the best of the pleasant sunny periods most likely in the south and east. Indications suggest cloudier conditions in the west and north and there may be some rain at times in parts of the northwest and north, especially the coastal areas, but good dry periods also. Winds will be mostly southwesterly and temperatures will gradually recover, pushing in to the low twenties over the next weekend in parts of the south and east.
    Early indications suggest most places will enjoy some dry, warm conditions on Monday and Tuesday also.

Advertisement