Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build help

Options
  • 23-08-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

following the newegg guide on youtube and have the mobo, ram, gpu and psu connected first. trying to start it though with the start button on the board and nothing is happening. am I missing any connections? the psu is switched to on but I don't know if there's only supposed to be any life in it until the mobo starts as the psu doesn't seem to be anything happening with it.

20120823_220254.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

First thing is you only have one power connector to the Graphics card.

Next have you made sure everything is on? Power switches the lot? There should be an LED or two on - on the mobo

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

no led on the power button, I'm beginning to think the psu is dead :mad:

Make sure you switch it off at the wall before you plug it in or out - I've blown a few PSUs like that in my time.

Switch it off and unplug it for a few minutes then try again.

Have you checked the fuse in your kettle lead? I assume it wasn't the one in the box if you ordered from HWVS.

I got it from komplett so used the adapter thing they sent with it. the fuse must have gone in that as I tried a lead form an old pc and we now have power :)

next problem, nothing coming up via the hdmi on the graphics card or the mobo hdmi either. might have to try vga

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    I got it from komplett so used the adapter thing they sent with it. the fuse must have gone in that as I tried a lead form an old pc and we now have power :)

next problem, nothing coming up via the hdmi on the graphics card or the mobo hdmi either. might have to try vga

Did you plug in the other power connector yet?

If you have the card in dont try and use the mobo - if you're gonna use mobo completely remove the GPU card.

• Advertisement

218216.jpg

yeah had green lights on both but nothing. tried the vga and nothing. tried the gpu hdmi again and bingo, getting the black screen with the spec on it. I'll sleep easier tonight now. thanks for the help

having an issue with the mounting of the motherboard into the case now. it doesn't seem to be lying flat. I screwed in the mounts in the case as far as they would go but it seems to be the ones at the top are slightly higher so it's slightly tilting at the top as a result and the two usb connections and the ps2 connection at the top of the connections at the back don't fit in properly

20120824_172114.jpg

20120824_172203.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

have you done the top left screw?

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    have you done the top left screw?

yeah it wouldn't screw in any more though. I may end up taking the motherboard off and trying a spirit level from that mount to the other bottom ones to see if they are level

• Advertisement
Advertisement