Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you wear a beard?

• 23-08-2012 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I'd have to shave after three days anyway, never really experimented with letting it grow though. So boys and girls do you wear a beard?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd have to shave after three days anyway, never really experimented with letting it grow though. So boys and girls do you wear a beard?

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

daniel o donnells wife does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Barba Rosa me.

Red beard. . .

Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I love my beard.

• Advertisement

I always thought it was a weird way of saying it, "wearing" a beard.

But yes, sometimes I do, other days I'll just put on a handlebar moustache if I can find my monocle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Yes.

On my right knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

The amount of girls with Ronnies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I wear a hat sometimes.

I havent had more than 7 days growth on my face....im 31:o

I want a big feck off beard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I keep mine in a drawer and wear it on special occasions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Official "Boards Beard™" thread is here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I does. Been various lengths over the years.
    Ive been told it suits me. Main reason though is I look about 12 when clean shaven and im convinced gillettes and them fcukers are out to kill me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

No. I found it cheaper to grow one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Beards have nearly become a fashion statement, 10 years ago very few men in their 20's or 30's had them. I have to say I'm s sucker for a bearded man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Of course I have a beard. Every man that can grow a beard should grow a beard. The have an endless array of uses, They keep the cold out, they keep the rain out, they make people call you sir, they work in lieu of an age card, they help you think by stroking them and they save on shaving costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd have to shave after three days anyway, never really experimented with letting it grow though.

I have a beard after 3 days. What I have the next morning is like 3-5 days growth for most guys. Pain in the nads it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

No .

I could do with a shave now but it can wait until morning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wear my fake peado beard, rapist glasses and public masturbaters trenchcoat in the town park every Friday.

blacklilly wrote: »
    Beards have nearly become a fashion statement, 10 years ago very few men in their 20's or 30's had them. I have to say I'm s sucker for a bearded man!

Hello.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin

Even on stoning day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I have one, not necessarily wearing it though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I has a beard, mostly coz its a pain in the arse shaving everyday, so in the last few months i let it grow and am told it suits me :) But i hate when its gets too long i give it a clip with me hair clippers and alls well for another 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Yea. Trying it out. In college now and think it is the only time that i will get to experment with it becouse i think there is a social stimga attached to beards in jobs. I have never seen anyone (who works with the public) growing a beard.

Met a relitive the other day i havent seen in ages. First comment is 'you have grown a beard. you cant do that. you should shave'. :eek:
    I then proceded to tell him that it wasn't my job to confirm to other peoples ridiculusly silly social expitations.
    He replyed by saying,'ooo i was just making an obversation and saying that it might be a good idea to shave'.

I really wanted to say ' you have gained weight. you should go on a diet. ooooo i was just making an observation'. i didn't though becouse i would have gotten a slap. I just walked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Can't grow one :o What does grow on my face cannot be described as a beard and makes me look stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Grew one a few weeks ago as a bet to a friend of mine while out having a few drinks. He bet 20 euro I couldn't grow a beard in 4 weeks. Showed up in the pub with what was described as a "fisherman's beard" 4 weeks later. Easiest 20 euro I ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

irish-stew wrote: »

Hello.

;)

Why hello bearded man

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

Completely agree! Guys with beards hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

nope,am not into costume play,damn cosplayers are taking over boards.
    its a bit hard growing a beard also,being medicaly unable to grow almost no body hair and biologicaly female.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Usually a bit of stubble just for me.
    I did grow one a while ago however and it was amazing the reaction it got. I was quite thick which I was surprised about. People I know seemed disturbingly infatuated by it though. :confused:
    I'm clean shaven now for the first time in about a year.
    Actually last time I was clean shaven the big baldy bohs fan of a bouncer asked me what age I was:eek: I look my age with bit of stubble but clean shaven I look scarily younger. Not in a good way either!
    Also if your beard is strongly ginger and very long, chances are people assume you're a peado, just saying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Only shave about once every 5 or 6 days, never grew the full beard and prob never will tbh. I'm just lazy in that I shave my head and then I can't be arsed to do the face afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm just back from the barbers, went from a tramp style beard that had my friends calling me "the shoe bomber" to a tidier no. 2. I can't grow a full beard though there is always a little gap between the beard and moustache portions on both sides.

stelli wrote: »
    Completely agree! Guys with beards hot!

That's it I'm growing mine back haha

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    That's it I'm growing mine back haha

Good to hear ;)
    We did a poll in the office where i work (slow day!)...and majority of women prefer guys with beard/stubble..than the boyband look!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

started growing one a week ago for the first time, now I have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Can't grow a full beard because it's patchy but I do grow nice stubble :D Have to shave every two days at least because it grows like a bitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Tried different styles from about 18 through college but then i had to grow up and get a real job....
    Now usually a bit of stubble but anytime i have a few weeks off i just let it grow away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

stelli wrote: »
    and majority of women prefer guys with beard/stubble..than the boyband look!:(

Good for me then. Even when I shave against the grain I have heavy 5o clock shadow all over. I can't look clean shaven even if I wanted to. Even went to one of those Turkish barbers for a hot towel, cut throat shave and the same thing, it was a waste of time.

When I had a beard (grew it for a 20 euro bet) and the night I won the bet and claimed the money, was walking home with a friend afterwards some boyband skinhead type looked like an under age fella, falls out of a pub and walks right into me and shouts "Get outta me way ya bearded bastard"

Boyband types despise beards I guess :P not my fault he was barely pubescent ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Haven't shaved for a month and have cultivated the beginnings of a fine beard,just past that horrible slightly ginger tinged phase too.Thinking of not shaving for the rest of the year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Men are supposed to have beards. Shaving is for ladies.

• Advertisement

Good for me then. Even when I shave against the grain I have heavy 5o clock shadow all over. I can't look clean shaven even if I wanted to. Even went to one of those Turkish barbers for a hot towel, cut throat shave and the same thing, it was a waste of time.

So general rules are...
    beard/stubble..hot
    Boyband look...not!!

Keep up the beards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I do ofton think about growing a beard and sometimes don't shave for maybe 3 weeks but still wouldn't have a really thick beard.

how long does it take to grow a full beard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I do ofton think about growing a beard and sometimes don't shave for maybe 3 weeks but still wouldn't have a really thick beard.

About twenty minutes.

Although I have to say with the effort it takes to keep a beard tidy and sculpted, its quicker to shave the thing off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I've looked it up before when I foolishly tried to grow something substantial on my face at 17 but they said to leave it for 6 weeks and don't touch it and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Cardex

Decided to grow a light beard about 2 years ago and have never looked back. Jesus the thoughts of shaving every day. Now I just do a bit of strim every week. It also has the added bonus of pissing my boss off no end. He's bald, has a kind of Monty Burns look going on. He finds it difficult to hide his resentment of any male member of staff that has a full head of hair. Even more so if they have a beard. He consistently treats the baldies better. I think at some unconscious level he sees additional facial hair as an unnecessary statement of a virility that he probably thinks he's lacking. I'm conscious that I may be reading too much into this. It occurs to me that he may just dislike me cos he thinks I'm an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Rough shaven for the win my beard goes ginger...

Im half day walker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've looked it up before when I foolishly tried to grow something substantial on my face at 17 but they said to leave it for 6 weeks and don't touch it and you'll be grand.

Might try that so and see how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have a kind of pathetic goatee for the last couple of years. Was gonna grow a beard for the craic but it doesn't grow full and thick so usually after about a weeks growth I look homeless and give in to the razor. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've had a goatee for the past 5 months or so. Loving it.:D

The only annoying thing is toothpaste and other gack that gets stuck in my 'tache.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement