Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown leaves, or brown edging, on beech trees

Options
  • 23-08-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I planted a long line of beech trees which I'll keep short (about 3 feet) along the front of my house (but I haven't pruned or done anything to them yet). They were planted about 3 months ago but I notice most of the them have brown edges or almost all brown leaves. Is that normal or are they struggling? Anything I can do about it? Here's a picture attached of what they look like.

The ground drains well and with the rain they get plenty of watering!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think there is anything significantly wrong with that tree, it looks healthy, the brown leaf edges could be just a bit of stress due to the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I was worried that they may be beginning to whither away!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well that's just my opinion, if it were my tree I would not be too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I would agree too, it looks like a bit of windburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Wednesday last all the grass verges on my road had been cut by the residents, everything looked neat and tidy. Thursday morning I woke up to find the verges and gardens covered in dead brown leaves. It must be the freaky weather this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Thank you all. I was paranoid that as I looked over them all they were beginning to die off!

Advertisement