Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom Teeth

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All.
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place!! Just wanted some advice, I had all four wisdom teeth removed two weeks ago under full anesthetic. It all went fine, Last week my bottom right socket got very sore with an achey pain. I went back to my dentist and he packed it up. Again all was fine untill yesterday when all four sockets got sore every time I swallow. I take paracetamol and the pain goes so its not a terrible pain but I had been off all pain killers dor four or five days. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

hey

i got an upper right wisdom tooth out last week so i understand the numbing pain that you're going through.taking painkillers is alright but its not great either..what i found was that if u rinse/gargle saltwater (1 tsp in pint glass say)
    it will numb the area and take the pain away,although it does taste disgusing plus i was told that it promotes healing :) hope u feel better soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

ive to get two more extractions yet and im dreading it,ive heard people can die from it,im just dreading the whole thing especially when googling tooth extraction deaths im just filled with horror ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gigglesgalore

Its not that bad getting them out. The recovery is more uncomfortable than painfull. Don't believe half the rubbish you read on the net!! I did and thought I would die I was so nervous going into the hospital!! Thanks for the salt water advise. I have been doing that scince day one and it really does help. Still have that pain when swallowing though and its been two weeks. I think I should probably just give the dentist a call. Hope your feeling better soon!! hank you for the replys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

yeah,xmas12 dont be freaking out...u have more chance of being hit by lightning twice in the same day as dying from getting teeth out.dont read the stories online,its really not healthy to be reading them and constantly stressing..

and giggles i would wait a bit before ringing the dentist again as unless u are in immense pain its just ur body telling u that u are recovering...it takes time..im pretty sure if something was wrong u would not be able to function

they say that the thing that causes the most health problems is stress...

so i would reckon less stress = quicker recovery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

How long did it take for the bruising/swelling to go down after the extraction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had one upper out on Thursday and will get another upper out in 2 weeks as they are protruding.
    This was done at the dentist's and tbh so far so good, no particular pain nor swelling.
    Only local anaesthetic applied by dentist. The worst part was the anaesthetic syringes *shudders*
    Whole procedure took 30 mins from entering office to leaving.
    Was eating only yoghurt until yesterday evening when I had a McD cheeseburger. Any soft food is good for me.
    Rinsing gently with salty water occasionally but smoking (vaping mostly) and drinking coffee works fine *fingers crossed*
    Taking care not to brush the area when brushing my teeth.

Advertisement