Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mascara for sensitive eyes

• 23-08-2012 11:43pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I look at a computer screen all day and often have dry, sore eyes.
    I have still been wearing my eye make up unless I'm not in work :o but now when I put mascara on, my eyes get pretty sore and sensitive a lot quicker than usual.

Does anyone know any eye make up brands/mascaras that are specifically for sensitive eyes? I don't like going without it as my lashes are quite short and pale, so it'd be nice to find a compromise. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Posy wrote: »
    I look at a computer screen all day and often have dry, sore eyes.
    I have still been wearing my eye make up unless I'm not in work :o but now when I put mascara on, my eyes get pretty sore and sensitive a lot quicker than usual.

Does anyone know any eye make up brands/mascaras that are specifically for sensitive eyes? I don't like going without it as my lashes are quite short and pale, so it'd be nice to find a compromise. :)

I too have quite sensitive eyes and am on a PC / do a lot of reading as part of my work every day and I wear Diorshow Iconic. Its really good for giving length and volume, lasts ages and doesn't make my eyes water/sting/red/ etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

May I suggest for you to see an optometrist first?

I work with a computer 8 hours a day and do lots of reading. I have sensitive eyes. I wear lenses and last year, I was at a point where I couldn't even blink to look at the bright screen. I changed the type of the lenses that I use to more hydrating ones, if that makes sense. Even if you don't have lenses, the underlying condition may be something about the dryness of your eyes.

Some of my favourite mascaras that I don't have any problems are Diorshow, Rimmel Lash Accelerator, Benefit BadGal and No7 Lash Adapt. The ones I cannot tolerate are L'Oreal, especially Volume Million Lashes, one from Soap and Glory (can't remember the name), Cliniqiue High Impact (I used to tolerate this but not anymore). I also tried Bourjois ones, they didn't really agree with my eyes either. There are many other but these are the ones that I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

A friend of mine who wears lenses and has sensitive eyes says that No7 mascaras are all she can wear, give them a try.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

almay used to do great ones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I was just about to suggest Almay too. IICR they do hypoallergenic mascaras and they're supposed to be good for sensitive eyes.

I would also recommend replacing your mascara regularly, i.e every 12 weeks or so. The older it is the more likely it is to dry out and flake which may irritate your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks guys! I used to have mascaras knocking about my make-up back for years before I realised that may not have been the smartest thing to do!
    The Cool wrote: »
    A friend of mine who wears lenses and has sensitive eyes says that No7 mascaras are all she can wear, give them a try.
    I was in Boots and No.7 make up is all half price so got the 'No. 7 Sensitive Eyes' mascara for only €8. Seems good so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JCC

I have the same problem! I wear contacts as well so my eyes get quite dry, but I've been using this Bourjois one for a while http://www.bourjois.co.uk/catalog/make_up/eyes/mascara/volume_glamour_ultra_care_mascara

It's quite a nice mascara, and my eyes seem fine with it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

La Roche Posay do good ones for sensitive eyes.
    I have the volumizing waterproof one and it's great!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Have you considered getting your lashes tinted so you could go without mascara?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have, but my eyelashes are just so short without mascara! :o

I may consider it in the future though. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement