Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BN104 - Computing

• 24-08-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Percentage wise how often are you in the labs for the above course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

DeXtER1978 wrote: »
    Percentage wise how often are you in the labs for the above course?

Most modules are 50/50 ie one lab per lecture. labs are usually 2hrs. there are also free labs around the place. in 1st/second year the class is usually split up into 3/4 groups so each group has a designated lab time. this can be flexible tho so ya can sometimes pop into another groups lab if ya missed your own or just need an extra lab session

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Hey all, I'm doing BN104 (Computing.) And I was just wondering what is to expect really in the over all workings of the Course. I know exactly what I'm doing but I was wondering if a few of you can give me insight of what a typical week of Computing entails. I notice that I only have 2 Semesters our of an entire 8 so I was wondering is maths present at all after the third Semester, only being present in Semester 2 and 3 from what I can see.
    Also wondering how much, percentage wise would I be spending infront of a computer screen in on a weekly basis?
    Over all I'm excited and can't wait to begin in a few weeks, regardless of transport being a hassle. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Threads merged.

This thread may be of interest.

Course hasn't changed much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nasiruddin

Hi All,

I am starting my higher diploma in science in computing on 24th sep in ITB.. So any tips to start of with.

Regards,
    Nasir

Hi,

I am starting my higher diploma in science in computing on 24th sep in ITB.. So any tips to start of with.

Regards,
    Nasir

• Advertisement

nasiruddin wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards,
    Nasir

Familiarize yourself with Java and Cisco Network systems. they form the bulk of the course

ok.. i m ok java but new to networks. Can u tell me more about the ITB. The student life, lectures, staff, jobs.

Hi Nassiruddin This thread here should tell you all you need to know. I'm in 4th year of bn104 and absolutely LOVE ITB ive had the time of my life so far!!

Just curious, does BN104 allow Laptops and other devices such as Android/iOS Tablets in non-lab lectures for Note taking purposes?

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Just curious, does BN104 allow Laptops and other devices such as Android/iOS Tablets in non-lab lectures for Note taking purposes?
    Yes, although some lecturers may ask you to close them for some lectures.

• Advertisement

Yes, although some lecturers may ask you to close them for some lectures.

Ah ok, sounds good, have a friend over in the UK in an IT college and laptops are banned in his course. The rest of the college can use them, just not his course. :pac: Also cheers on the quick reply.

Advertisement