Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

college or oz

• 24-08-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all, Hope this is the the correct fourm. I have one question i recently graduated from dit with an ordinary degree in electrical engineering.I am also a qualified electrican an am thinking of headin to oz but also am thinking of returning to do my honours. Now to the question any one that has travelled oz and worked there or is working there do they make any difference between degrees an is work hard to get. Would you go to oz or return to college.its jus im not sure on either. thanks for the advice. Pablo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'd say go on to get the higher qualification. If you still want to go to Oz later you can go then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Definitely get the honours and then go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I think there is still a shortage of fully qualified electrical engineers. Worth doing the extra two years I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

with a name like Pablo, you could walk into any job you want over in Oz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭She Who Dares Wins

You would be mad not to finish the electrical engineering especially as a qualified electrician. That will make you seriously employable here and in oz. When you've come this far finish the job and you wont look back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement