Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few things

Options
  • 24-08-2012 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Minor stuff...

1) Started Threads missing in "Find all Threads started by" link

From post 19 on, Praetorians Eircom Thread is not listed when you search his started threads, I've seen this a few times now.

2)Posts not fully deleted.

If someone changes their mind and deletes a post from a Thread, it goes from the Thread alright, but if you use "Find all posts by" it's still in there.

Or maybe that's the way it's suppose to work?

3)Swear filter

I tried to link a funny Cat gif earlier but it had the f word in it's URL so it wouldn't work, can't find the gif now:o so using this youtube vid as an example instead,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****z-zjY5k&feature=channel&list=UL

It's filtering out X-R-u-M here for some reason, that's what the 4 **** should be in the link above, without the -

Can it be turned off for links??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Minor stuff...

1) Started Threads missing in "Find all Threads started by" link

From post 19 on, Praetorians Eircom Thread is not listed when you search his started threads, I've seen this a few times now.

The thread is available via the advanced search. There is a cut off to the number of forums show on the left hand side forum picker. Here is a link to the advanced search (Search for posts in Eircom by Praetorian restricted to threads started by the user).
    2)Posts not fully deleted.

If someone changes their mind and deletes a post from a Thread, it goes from the Thread alright, but if you use "Find all posts by" it's still in there.

Or maybe that's the way it's suppose to work?

Have you an example of a post that's been deleted and is still visible in search? The maximum lag time between a post being deleted from Boards and disappearing from search should be two minutes. The same goes for posts being made/edited - changes can take up to two minutes to propagate.
    3)Swear filter

I tried to link a funny Cat gif earlier but it had the f word in it's URL so it wouldn't work, can't find the gif now:o so using this youtube vid as an example instead,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=****z-zjY5k&feature=channel&list=UL

It's filtering out X-R-u-M here for some reason, that's what the 4 **** should be in the link above, without the -

Can it be turned off for links??

X-rum or X-rumer is a program designed to post forum/blog spam. Mentions of it, and links to sites that offer it for download are censored aggressively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

The thread is available via the advanced search. There is a cut off to the number of forums show on the left hand side forum picker. Here is a link to the advanced search (Search for posts in Eircom by Praetorian restricted to threads started by the user).
    Oh, is the cut off new? I've always found a Thread I'd be looking for that way before. Use to be a good few scroll downs in it.

Have you an example of a post that's been deleted and is still visible in search? The maximum lag time between a post being deleted from Boards and disappearing from search should be two minutes. The same goes for posts being made/edited - changes can take up to two minutes to propagate.
    I do. I'll PM them though.

Edit:Top two here were deleted, one near a day ago. Theirs others 7 days and older though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Theirs others 7 days and older though....

Taking a look into this now. Could you point me in the direction of these older deleted posts showing up in search results if possible? Much appreciated.

Turns out this is actually quite a substantial issue with our import/index process. I'll get cracking on a fix, with hopefully a resolution in place by the end of the week. Thanks again for the feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Turns out this is actually quite a substantial issue with our import/index process. I'll get cracking on a fix, with hopefully a resolution in place by the end of the week. Thanks again for the feedback
    No bother!:)

• Advertisement

Fix deployed there, seems to be working so far. Ballpark figure of approx 10 minutes from post deletion time until its removed from search results. That timeframe depends on our import/update runtime and how long it takes to clear the various caches.

To clean up all those past deleted posts still knocking around in results we'll need a full reindex, which should happen sooner rather than later but there's not definite timeframe on that.

Thanks again for the feedback, notice any more oddities feel free to give me a shout

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement