Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

No
    found this a powerful piece of writing and illustrates i'm sure the bitterness a lot will feel who were duped by Lance:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8852974/lance-armstrong-history-lying
    That is one angry angry man. Can't say I blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

No
    fat bloke wrote: »
    That's a Wiggins quote from the above article. Is this what has been twisted into his attack on "bitter people like Kimmage"??? Because the above reads nothing like that to me.

These are also quotes from Wiggo
    wiggo wrote:
    There are a lot of people who are eaten up by it and very bitter over the whole situation.
    wiggo wrote:
    last week with Paul Kimmage and with me and the team. I mean, he’s just eaten up with it, you know. ... What they do with their lives after he does admit it is anyone’s guess, you know.

I also like this one
    wiggo wrote:
    And that’s because the 90s are pretty much a write-off now.”
    cause it's not like Lance was racing in the 2000s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Diarmuid wrote: »
    These are also quotes from Wiggo

I also like this one

cause it's not like Lance was racing in the 2000s

I mentioned that the other day. Wiggens is preaching to the 'unwashed masses' on Skynews who know little of the history or don't bother checking dates on doping cases - trying to put some distance between him and the dopers - but we know its so recent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No
    IIRC
    OJ Simpson was doped to the gills with tranquilizers during his trail so he wouldn't appear intimidating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

No
    Awh man I am so looking forward to this interview.

'Did you ever use performance enhancing drugs of any kind?"

"yes."

Going to have to get rid of this Livestrong helmet I have :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No
    2 away from 1,000 YES votes...

One to go...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    Hermy wrote: »
    Poll gets closed if he admits it (don't want anyone voting with inside info...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

No

One to go...

;)

No
    T'would be interesting to know how many of the 155 who voted Yes, but he's still great still think he's great now?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

No
    Beasty wrote: »
    Poll gets closed if he admits it (don't want anyone voting with inside info...)
    Leave it open

some people will keep the faith even if Lance has to be seen to give into peer pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Note that it's not possible to change your vote choice..
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    So he's going to own up to being a doper. Will he own up to being a massive ar5e?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    T'would be interesting to know how many of the 155 who voted Yes, but he's still great still think he's great now?

Phil Liggett is creating multiple accounts to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Are any Irish channels going to be showing the interview (or indeed any channels you can get on your average UPC digital box)? Would much rather watch this on my TV with decent sound etc than on my laptop.

No
    Discovery* (208 on UPC)

*oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No
    Are any Irish channels going to be showing the interview (or indeed any channels you can get on your average UPC digital box)? Would much rather watch this on my TV with decent sound etc than on my laptop.

It's on Discovery at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Cheers, so it is.
    Googled around for whether it was showing in Ireland and all the hits I found just said to watch it on Oprah's website O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

So many cans of worms he could open here there must be a ton of people quaking, waiting with their phones to ring their lawyer.

Oprah: So lance, Do you think there is still doping in cycling today?
    Lance: Absolutely, everyone does it
    Oprah: really, even the present TDF winner?
    Lance: 100%. I recommended his doctor

BOOM!

No
    He's not naming any riders. The finger will point upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

wont be long now lads ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've put matchsticks under my eyes, not working in the morning so hopefully the juicey stuff comes out tonight as I'm working Saturday morning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

No
    T minus 25 minutes and counting...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

i know i done a lot of slagging on this thread but it was all in good fun i was a hugh fan of lance so i'm dead curious to hear what he has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why wouldn't I? Even with PEDs, it still takes some freak of a person to survive cancer and go back to competing professionally. Good chance he'd still have been a professional rider within the peleton without taking anything. He wouldn't be competing with the top GT contenders, even if they were all clean imo (although who knows who the best clean rider was at that time), but it's still an amazing feat to go from cancer patient to professional cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Good morning everyone!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Hes clean I tell you.....Clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

Yes, but he's still great
    i'm hearing music....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator