Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Splitting this interview in half was a serious mistake. I'll watch it tomorrow (I'll be out so I'll watch it after) because I'm interested, but given that the admission was done with in the first part, I imagine a lot of people won't bother. Why split it when the stuff I'd say the vast majority of the general public is really interested in is at the beginning of the first section?

Marketing wise it seems like a mistake.

No, it's a human interest story. The admission sets up the rest of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

WumBuster wrote: »
    He's about as believeable as an airtricity door salesman

They sell doors too?

But yeah, he seems to qualify every answer before he gives it and doesn't seem at all apologetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭furiousox

No
    Landis!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Also, taking bets on how soon the first fan will suggest that he never really doped, and he's only admitting it now to mitigate his ban or something.
    I'm telling you, this is going to become another "Elvis didn't really die" conspiracy theory after tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

No
    The Doprah interview.

E-P-Oprah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Lumen wrote: »
    No, it's a human interest story. The admission sets up the rest of the story.

It does for me, and probably for most who've closely followed this, but all the same it seems to me that anyone with just a passing interest in the story probably won't stick around for a part 2, and I reckon they might have if it was just one long program instead of two shorter ones.

Just my opinion though, I've always been like that :p I'm the kind of guy who'd have been perfectly happy to watch LotR as one movie for 10 hours in the cinema :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Splitting this interview in half was a serious mistake. I'll watch it tomorrow (I'll be out so I'll watch it after) because I'm interested, but given that the admission was done with in the first part, I imagine a lot of people won't bother. Why split it when the stuff I'd say the vast majority of the general public is really interested in is at the beginning of the first section?

Marketing wise it seems like a mistake.

I think you're overestimating the level of detailed knowledge the average person in America has about the story. I'd imagine for people outside the US, particularly here the people watching in the middle of the night, have a better starting point than the general public, in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of people watching on their tv's this evening in America are hearing a lot of these stories and accusations for the first time. The detailed stuff I mean, outside of headline-type snippets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

No
    I've never been into cycling. Only time I saw LA was in the dodge ball movie with Vince Vaughn. Looking at some of the OW interview, I can't believe how much he is lying. Look at his body language, its so tight and defensive, yet he keeps talking about attacking people. His lips are tight to hold in the truth and his tongue pressing out to unconsciously push damaging questions away. Very poorly prepared. Bad idea going on OW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Lovely she's going to ask about the twitpic of him and the jerseys!

No
    And thats the end of pt1.
    Looks like tomorrow is about how it affected his family and livestrong

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

unkymo wrote: »
    I'm in shock already, he admitted everything!

Except he really didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

No
    Not in the states its not....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

8-10 wrote: »
    Except he really didn't

He admitted doping for his entire career up to 2005.

Whilst I don't think that gets him off the hook for further legal action, I don't believe it either.

Why would he stop completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some people saying it's over, I'm watching the OWN stream and it's not. :confused:

EDIT - Now it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I missed it.
    Gimme the gist...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Same time tomorrow?

retalivity wrote: »
    I missed it.
    Gimme the gist...

Truth
    Lies
    Apology to Emma O'Reilly
    Lies

And a million ad breaks, don't want the post to be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What time does it begin tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

No
    Its will be replayed on the OWN stream - for the west coast of america. I missed the beginning, the exciting bit, so I'll hang on for that and be back again tomorrow for part 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    Right lets never speak about this night again! Feel like I've done something unclear. Lying in bed beside my sleeping wife yet feel like I've been cheating ;-)

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Right lets never speak about this night again! Feel like I've done something unclear. Lying in bed beside my sleeping wife yet feel like I've been cheating ;-)

I've looked up the definition of cheating.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

No
    8-10 wrote: »
    Except he really didn't

Not everything, i agree.

The first few minutes after he admitted he doped, I thought he might go a bit further and reveal all but he didn't. I was shocked when he actually admitted he doped at the start,I don't think anyone was excepting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭superlav

No
    Betty Andreu on CNN in tears.
    "This is a guy who used to be my friend. He could have come clean. He says he didn't like the UCI? He owned the UCI. He said he didn't force his teammates to dope? That's a bunch of crap... I was willing to give him a chance, and this is how he responds."

http://live.velonews.com/Event/Armstrong_on_Oprah

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Betsy Andreu is on with Anderson Cooper on CNN now (US). She is distraught that he did not come clean about the hospital incident. That he admitted plenty but not that and that he had the perfect chance. Why he wouldnt answer that question straight out is a mystery and of great anger to Andreu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No
    DZlqF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Former Lance personal assistant Mike Anderson on CNN says he didnt watch the interview because he knew Lance would be insincere and this was the wrong forum to do this anyway. Painful to hear his voice again, he said and makes no sense that he said he wasnt the kingpin in the USPS doping system.

unkymo wrote: »
    Not everything, i agree.

The first few minutes after he admitted he doped, I thought he might go a bit further and reveal all but he didn't. I was shocked when he actually admitted he doped at the start,I don't think anyone was excepting that.

Yeah I agree. All downhill from there. Which probably suits a cyclist.

No
    boarddotie wrote: »
    Betsy Andreu is on with Anderson Cooper on CNN now (US). She is distraught that he did not come clean about the hospital incident. That he admitted plenty but not that and that he had the perfect chance. Why he wouldnt answer that question straight out is a mystery and of great anger to Andreu.

Maybe for legal reasons or else the phone call to Betsy didn't go the way he wanted and it's a power thing.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No
    Betsy is truly seething on CNN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

No
    Lumen wrote: »
    He admitted doping for his entire career up to 2005.

Whilst I don't think that gets him off the hook for further legal action, I don't believe it either.

Why would he stop completely?

There is no way he was clean in 2009. I could half believe it if he said he was clean in 2010. Like maybe he was riding his last tour just for the memories. But in 2009 he came back to try and win the Tour.

He said it himself,; doping was just like any other part of his training regime. "Air in the tyres, water in the bottles". If he seriously came back to win (which he clearly did), then by proxy he was doping. Its insulting our intelligence to deny doping in 09, especially when his blood passport results are "entirely consistent with blood manipulation".

Advertisement