Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

He said it was a mostly good interview by Oprah but he was disappointed she didn't push him or ask about certain things. He also mentioned Bradley Wiggins saying something like "Am I really irrelevant now Brad!?"

Will be interesting to see where the story goes now in relation to Wiggins,David Walsh said this morning he would like to get to know Wiggins and learn more about him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did you hear Kimmage signing off on rte radio1 this morning, he's some headcase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No
    Did you hear Kimmage signing off on rte radio1 this morning, he's some headcase.

What did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I suppose Lance will now claim he had nothing to do with David Walsh's line dropping..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yes, but he's still great
    Reckon we'll get a translation of LAConfidential now? Hope so. He writes a good book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Planet X wrote: »
    Reckon we'll get a translation of LAConfidential now? Hope so. He writes a good book.

He said on Ray D'Arcy he wouldn't as seven deadly sins covers more.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

I hope that Kimmage and Walsh don't become arogant ould p$%^ks themselves now and try to milk this far 2 much

To late for kimmage on that front I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

has anybody got a link to the oprah interview from last night?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Kimmage on 98fm this morning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Yes, but he's still great
    just got my vote in on the poll..hope Im not too late :-)

great job by Oprah .. she had him on the ropes a few times but let him off, but thats not her style and she would have been only lowering herself to his level.
    Lance will watch this and regret it.... he started all confessional but as the interview went on and he got more comfortable he reverted to type and went on the defensive and even a bit offensive.
    Hes only created another bunch of lies and evasions that he will have to defend . I suppose its hard to break habits of a lifetime , once a lying arrogant cheat always a lying arrogant cheat I guess. Looking forward to Part II and any comments by Lance in the interim.

cycling has changed..I heard banking has changed too as has politics..new eras all round, must be a Mayan thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    And this Basso's response:

"If you look in the television and have something about your generation, maybe you are interested, maybe not. Why [do I] have to read about something if I don’t want to think anymore? I don’t use my time to read something I’m not interested [in]. Because I use that time for thinking something to help my new team, not to read an article from eight years ago. For what?”

What a joke - has never come clean or shown any remorse himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

No
    letape wrote: »
    And this Basso's response:

"If you look in the television and have something about your generation, maybe you are interested, maybe not. Why [do I] have to read about something if I don’t want to think anymore? I don’t use my time to read something I’m not interested [in]. Because I use that time for thinking something to help my new team, not to read an article from eight years ago. For what?”

What a joke - has never come clean or shown any remorse himself.

didnt he say that earlier in the week before this interview was televised?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    "At the time, no. I kept hearing I'm a drug cheat, I'm a cheat, I'm a cheater. I went in and just looked up the definition of cheat and the definition of cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they don't have. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."
    I've checked 5 online dictionary's to confirm what everyone is thinking - that lances definition that the word "cheat" doesn't exist and Lance just threw in the "on a rival or foe" to make himself look a bit better.

cheat

/tʃit/ Show Spelled [cheet] Show IPA
    verb (used with object) 1. to defraud; swindle: He cheated her out of her inheritance.

2. to deceive; influence by fraud: He cheated us into believing him a hero.

3. to elude; deprive of something expected: He cheated the law by suicide.

verb (used without object)
    4. to practice fraud or deceit: She cheats without regrets.

5. to violate rules or regulations: He cheats at cards.

6. to take an examination or test in a dishonest way, as by improper access to answers.

cheat (chemacr.gift)
    v. cheat·ed, cheat·ing, cheats
    v.tr. 1. To deceive by trickery; swindle: cheated customers by overcharging them for purchases.
    2. To deprive by trickery; defraud: cheated them of their land.
    3. To mislead; fool: illusions that cheat the eye.
    4. To elude; escape: cheat death.

v.intr. 1. To act dishonestly; practice fraud.
    2. To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.
    3. Informal To be sexually unfaithful: cheat on a spouse.
    4. Baseball To position oneself closer to a certain area than is normal or expected: The shortstop cheated toward second base.

n. 1. An act of cheating; a fraud or swindle.
    2. One who cheats; a swindler.
    3. A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.
    4. Law Fraudulent acquisition of another's property.
    5. Botany An annual European species of brome grass (Bromus secalinus) widely naturalized in temperate regions

1cheat

verb \ˈchēt\

Definition of CHEAT

transitive verb
    : to deprive of something valuable by the use of deceit or fraud

: to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

: to elude or thwart by or as if by outwitting <cheat death>

intransitive verb
    a : to practice fraud or trickery
    b : to violate rules dishonestly <cheat at cards> <cheating on a test>

: to be sexually unfaithful —usually used with on <was cheating on his wife>

: to position oneself defensively near a particular area in anticipation of a play in that area <the shortstop was cheating toward second base>

I think we can safely say, Lance is a cheat and still a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    lennymc wrote: »
    didnt he say that earlier in the week before this interview was televised?

lennymc - yes, it was before the interview; which he clearly had no interest in watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

No
    thebourke wrote: »
    has anybody got a link to the oprah interview from last night?

I'm just catching up on it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NewsPoliticsNow3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

From David Walsh on twitter: "Have done my seventh interview of the day,this one with @raziaiqbal at BBC World service.Went to where I didn't want to go.Aired at 12 noon."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

No
    JM Skipton wrote: »
    From David Walsh on twitter: "Have done my seventh interview of the day,this one with @raziaiqbal at BBC World service.Went to where I didn't want to go.Aired at 12 noon."

How cryptic! Wonder if the dj asked did he fancy meeting up later for a boy's night in or something?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Havent seen it yet but from what I've read here its what I expected.

Saw this on facebook

viz35.jpg

what i can't understand is he apparently passed 500 tests drug free...how was he able to pass all those tests?were they not checking for EPO etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

what i can't understand is he apparently passed 500 tests drug free...how was he able to pass all those tests?were they not checking for EPO etc?

EPO's effects persist long after it is flushed out of body. It's a question of timing. Also, as Lance said in the interview, out of competition testing is a relatively recent development.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

No
    godtabh wrote: »
    Havent seen it yet but from what I've read here its what I expected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21065539

Transcript gives the details, but doesn't show the body language and nuances (obviously)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No

2 main reasons, most did not actually check for EPO as were before the test was available or else not checked due to the cost...
    Also EPO is only detectable for a short window after taking but the effects on performance last for a further 4-6 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No
    Jimmy Magee on Newstalk now...

so is EPO the main drug of choice for athletes now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Synode wrote: »
    What did he say?

Started to sound slightly emotional and said "Its been a very hard year for me". Insinuating that hes a big part of this. As if anyone cares about Kimmage in this thing. Just generally going overboard on the "This isnt about Lance" thing. Keeping the moral high ground when you really know he just wants to shout "I told yis i toooold yis....what did i say?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No
    RobFowl wrote: »
    2 main reasons, most did not actually check for EPO as were before the test was available or else not checked due to the cost...
    Also EPO is only detectable for a short window after taking but the effects on performance last for a further 4-6 weeks...

And also the fact that he's not been tested anywhere near 500 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

No
    Kimmage on 98fm this morning.

I wonder how many TVs Kimmage has wrecked in his lifetime

I see he says its not about Bradley Wiggins but the went on to say everything Bradley Wiggins should be doing. ie standing up and talking to Kimmage, etc,etc

No mention of what Contador, or Schelck or Evans Or Gilbert or Cancellera or Cavandish should be doing...its a total bias against Wiggins in my book

And he says he 'doesn't know about Wiggins' and PED's...well if he doesn't know why is he constantly casting aspersions.....
    He is casting an air of doubt that is unfair and biased

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

No
    227759_10200261663041250_638446792_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

No
    maximoose wrote: »
    And also the fact that he's not been tested anywhere near 500 times.

Yeah that too

(He even dropped that line last night !!)

Advertisement