Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

To be fair, images of beauty thread is going since 2004, Lance thread is only going since August, at this rate the Lance thread should overtake the images of beauty thread around the first of April.

appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

velo.2010 wrote: »
    As for not talking about the hospital, well clearly there are legal aspects he's been told might arise because there was more than one person in that room at the time. I hope Oprah dug a little deeper in the second part of the interview, Bassons. Simeone etc.

My understanding of this is there werr other people in the room who have previously testified in Armstrongs favour that this incident did not occur.If Lance came clean here he would be opening these people up to perjury and whatever about leaving himself open I believe that this is fair, others shouldnt suffer because he pressured them into saying something in the past but no cos he wants to come clean they would pay. He went as far to say he wronged Betsy Andreau and that is good enough indication that she is telling the truth without involving other

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No
    Paul Kimmage on The last Word after the 5 o'clock headlines.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

hoodwinked wrote: »
    im watching the oprah interview there now,

did any of you notice him fidgeting with his hands when answering some of the questions, touching his hair, rubbing his hands together,

when he was admitting he didn't feel like he was cheating nothing! or when he's admitting to doping - nothing.

its weird, almost like he still believes the lies but he is saying what he was told to.

I admit that I am no bodylanguage expert, and it was like 3 in the morning, but remember when it was put to him that he called Betsy Andreu crazy? I could have sworn there was a hint of breaking into a smile, or more likely a sneer which he then turned into a nervous laugh. I have to watch it again because my initial reaction was that he found it amusing or proud of that fact and was trying not to smile. It definitely hit me as being odd at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

corny wrote: »
    I think he's on record with his opinion on Armstrong. In fact wasn't he one of the first to come out publicly and state he thought Armstrong was guilty. All while a cadre of Spanish riders were shouting injustice.

I am just dealing with the current Tour De France Champion, not any of the spaniards, regardless of what he has said in the past he needs to come out now and condemn in the strongest possible terms what armstrong has done.
    He needs to come out clearly and say that this was a dispicible act of cheating and that he as the top rider in the world at present resents the way armstrong has dragged the sport through the mud and also that journalists like Walsh and Kimmage should be congratulated for what they have done for the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭AlreadyHome

No
    8-10 wrote: »
    I admit that I am no bodylanguage expert, and it was like 3 in the morning, but remember when it was put to him that he called Betsy Andreu crazy? I could have sworn there was a hint of breaking into a smile, or more likely a sneer which he then turned into a nervous laugh. I have to watch it again because my initial reaction was that he found it amusing or proud of that fact and was trying not to smile. It definitely hit me as being odd at the time.

I thought I smelled him fart at one stage...

...then I realised it was just the smell of bullsh**

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Has Jan Ullrich said anything about Armstrong's interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

hinault wrote: »
    Has Jan Ullrich said anything about Armstrong's interview?

Yeah...he said he wants a re-match on the Alpe d'Huez :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did jimmy Magee say? Does he like lance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

No
    unichall wrote: »
    If Lance came clean here he would be opening these people up to perjury and whatever about leaving himself open I believe that this is fair, others shouldnt suffer because he pressured them into saying something in the past

Bullcrap. Lying under oath is a criminal offence and deserves to be treated as such. You may as well say that a mafia hitman shouldn't be indicted, only the mob boss. If any other people lied under oath at Lance's behest then they were guilty of perjury, knowing that their lies were a major contribution to massive fraud and that they were participating in the character assassination of Betsy Andreu. No sympathy for them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Bullcrap. Lying under oath is a criminal offence and deserves to be treated as such. You may as well say that a mafia hitman shouldn't be indicted, only the mob boss. If any other people lied under oath at Lance's behest then they were guilty of perjury, knowing that their lies were a major contribution to massive fraud and that they were participating in the character assassination of Betsy Andreu. No sympathy for them...

Im not defending perjury just that is the reason I believe he didnt come clean and on that point I believe rightfully so. No need to be causing trouble for others if its not necessary. It really has no bearing on the whole thing, except for Betsy Andreu, if he comes clean about that conversation. What would be gained, only hurting more people. Im not defending Armstrong here but those who were pressured/ coerced into making false statements, and im not defending their perjury merely the fact that Armstrong doesn't want to cause them to suffer/ be prosecuted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

No
    Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    This thread is going to surpass the good doctor's camper van in terms of views and posts in no time at all. Good auld Lance!

Three and a half thousand posts explaining the obvious to numpties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Fritzl Funderland

im disappointed Lance didnt say "hes never been to France"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

As someone who believed in him previously this interview proves he is a sociopath. No empathy for others, calculate responses, control, control, control.

How can anything he says now be construed as anywhere near the truth? He started doping in the mid nineties so was he a clean World Champion? In his last 2 Tours he wasnt doping?

Lastly getting a bit sick of Kimmage at this stage. Yes we know what you have done for the sport but you are not the only one. This zealot's ego is out of control. Slagging off Wiggins because he wont be interviewed is quite frankly childish. Its almost as if he hopes Wiggins is a doper so he can say "I told you so".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

No
    FYI repeat at 8pm on Discovery tonight for part 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

No
    im disappointed Lance didnt say "hes never been to France"

Maybe he hasn't been to France...so he was actually lying when he pretends he has
    Maybe Lance isn't Lance,maybe he is somebody completely different , maybe he is an android ......just a thought ...he has no real emotions afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭tritriagain

No
    just wonderin does anyone know where i can watch first part online cos i dont have discovery and i missed it last night due to work.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No
    just wonderin does anyone know where i can watch first part online cos i dont have discovery and i missed it last night due to work.
    here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

No
    Haven't listened myself, but here's Paul Kimmage from tonight's Off The Ball, it's supposed to be good
    https://soundcloud.com/off-the-ball/paul-kimmage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭tritriagain

No
    that link has been taken down

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Walsh and Kimmage must be constantly on the radio since 7 this morning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

No
    SHOVELLER wrote: »
    As someone who believed in him previously
    SHOVELLER wrote: »
    This zealot's ego is out of control. Slagging off Wiggins because he wont be interviewed is quite frankly childish. Its almost as if he hopes Wiggins is a doper so he can say "I told you so".
    With all due respect, Kimmage has 23 years of calling out cheats and dopers, from Lance to Michelle Smith at great personal expense. You were taken in by a guy, who from that moment on Sestiere in 99, was clearly doping.

I think you should afford Kimmage some respect and at the same time, treat pro cycling with the skeptical eye it deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    Did anyone catch the Walsh BBC interview? Armstrong had said to teammate's that Walsh is only bitter with cycling because his son was killed in a bike accident when he was 12. He also made another comment about this when handed a manuscript for a book about him.

And all the hate for Walsh and Kimmage is idiotic, without these guys you'd still be hero worshipping Armstrong and his ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

No
    Walsh and kimmage are heroes of truth , end of story ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

No
    that link has been taken down
    Back up link

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    Just finished watching it. A work of fiction. Myself and a bloke in work decided to count the lies and see how many each would come up with. I stopped after 15 minutes. Got bored counting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

No
    Back up

Kimmage Referring to Cavendish and Wiggins outbursts in relation to doping etc:
    "They are behaving like two spoilt brats and have not been taken up on it."

He has certainly hit the nail on the head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    Tour Chats "After-Party" just posted. Might be woth listening to
    http://www.tourchats.com/2013/01/show-52-oprah-lance-armstrong-after-party/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

No
    I crashed at the top of kilmacanogue in a C race in the Ansbacher race (remember that?) He picked me up got me going again so he is alrite by me.

(not lance Kimmage!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 High Rouleur

kingoffifa wrote: »
    sure its nearly 3 in the morning...

But sure it's breakfast time back home.

Advertisement