Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Enough is Enough' - Lance Armstrong

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

No
    Kind of disappointed there were no typical Oprah/Dr. Phil tears by Lance last night, as much as I dreaded the thoughts of it. Guess that will have to wait until tonight. He seemed like a robotic automaton last night showing no real emotion. I guess the talk of his kids and his mamma will have him blubbering like a hungry Oprah after she realises that KFC is closed.

I was kind of thinking it would a strange circumstance if Livestrong (which must have done some good in its time) through its research came up with a cure for a form a cancer. Would this go any way to vindicate Lance. Would the ends have justified the means so to speak. The weight of this achievement outweighing all the bad he has done. On a quick visit to the livestrong website however I could not really figure out what they did! Lot af talk of patient support of awareness but hard to really figure out where all that money really goes . . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    What research?

No
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    What research?

That's my point. Can't really see what they do. I assumed they would have been somehow involved in cancer research.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

No
    Excellent article here about the Livestrong foundation here by Bill Gifford.

Beware it is pretty long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No
    detones wrote: »

That's my point. Can't really see what they do. I assumed they would have been somehow involved in cancer research.

Mine too, they're an awareness charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Diarmuid wrote: »
    With all due respect, Kimmage has 23 years of calling out cheats and dopers, from Lance to Michelle Smith at great personal expense. You were taken in by a guy, who from that moment on Sestiere in 99, was clearly doping.

I think you should afford Kimmage some respect and at the same time, treat pro cycling with the skeptical eye it deserves.

I'm well aware of his history and I can think for myself thanks.

My point is the way he goes about it. The incessant ramblings. Walsh on the other hand makes his points better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭letape

No
    detones wrote: »
    Kind of disappointed there were no typical Oprah/Dr. Phil tears by Lance last night, as much as I dreaded the thoughts of it. Guess that will have to wait until tonight. He seemed like a robotic automaton last night showing no real emotion. I guess the talk of his kids and his mamma will have him blubbering like a hungry Oprah after she realises that KFC is closed.

I was kind of thinking it would a strange circumstance if Livestrong (which must have done some good in its time) through its research came up with a cure for a form a cancer. Would this go any way to vindicate Lance. Would the ends have justified the means so to speak. The weight of this achievement outweighing all the bad he has done. On a quick visit to the livestrong website however I could not really figure out what they did! Lot af talk of patient support of awareness but hard to really figure out where all that money really goes . . . . . .

Cancer awareness and support is where the money is spent. At one point money was also used to fund private research but not now.

I believe the feeling was that what they had to contribute was so small in the context of US and global spend on research that it would not make a difference.

Still a very good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

No
    drogdub wrote: »
    Tour Chats "After-Party" just posted. Might be woth listening to
    http://www.tourchats.com/2013/01/show-52-oprah-lance-armstrong-after-party/

Just watched it. Very good. As i watched it I was looking at twitter. the one word that keeps coming up is "lies".

No
    letape wrote: »

Cancer awareness and support is where the money is spent. At one point money was also used to fund private research but not now.

I believe the feeling was that what they had to contribute was so small in the context of US and global spend on research that it would not make a difference.

Still a very good cause.

I'm sure it is and it will probably be the only redeeming aspect of this whole fiasco. I'm new enough to his whole history and that of his charity. But unfortunately everything the now proven liar and cheat was involved in will be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

No
    Just to recap how the 2009 Tour went down....

396167_10151342892203374_10737233_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Brendan_H

No
    They are getting in a real reporter for part 2.

non stoopid sized image, can't figure how to resize https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/602857/237024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

No
    Is that Big Bird?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

No
    The interview would be much shorter if she asked him what he did not take and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

what did jimmy magee say about lance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Is it on at 2am ,any links?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

No
    Yep, on in a few minutes - just google OWN.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Waiting for Doprah round two...

Dum de dum de dum...

Those guys from American Chopper have lost a lot of weight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

not sure if already mentioned but part 2 can be seen here:
    http://www.facebook.com/ownTV/app_486116231434529

starts in a couple of mins, I watched part 1 there last nite, they dont show ads, it just has intermission music for a few mins instead of ads

No
    And once more into the breach...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yes, but he's still great
    Humble?

I am not convinced he knows what the word means.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

33611783.jpg
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Humble?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

This part 2 is going to be a load of crap!

Was he paid to be chairman of the board of livestrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

No
    This is ridiculous!

What time is it over at?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Waiting for Oprah to undo his zip at any minute now.

Neeson wrote: »
    What time is it over at?

3.00 am

Or whenever you mash your tv/computer screen.

Whichever comes first.

No
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Humble?

Not in his dictionary.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Not in his dictionary.

Nor is an adequate definition of cheating :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

No
    Tch..was hoping that letter was more scathing

Advertisement